Chapter 3

~Sky POV~

I woke up still snuggling Soph. I'm glad the news I had didn't shake her up too much. I was afraid it would ruin her mood. Eventually, we will have to have a discussion and make a decision, but not for a while yet. We will eventually have to tell her mom. Maybe her mom could help make our ultimate decision. I'm worried about how Soph will be if I do take the job. Three months every year? That's a lot of time per year. When we eventually expand our family, what will that mean for us if I'm gone for three months every year? As I'm pondering the life ahead of me, Sophie pokes my rib.

"What was that for?" I ask, laughing.

"You were in a weird trance, and I was bored of just sitting her with you staring into space." She replies, matter-of-factly. I poke her nose.

"Payback." I say. She lets out a laugh.

"You're so quirky." She giggles. "That's one of the reasons I love you." She says.

"That's one of the reasons I love you too!" I say. "We should probably get up. Jet lag sucks, but we should press on with our normal day to get over it. Come on." I say, standing up and holding my hand out for her. She just lays there, staring at my hand and smiling slyly. "So you want to do this the hard way?" I laugh. She just stares at me, still smiling that mischievous little smile. I tickle her ruthlessly for a moment before scooping her into my arms and throwing her over my shoulder. Her smile breaks into a laugh loud enough to wake the whole island. "Shhhhhhh!! You're going to wake everyone up!' I say, barely even able to contain my own loud laughter. We get dressed and ready and head out to get some food.

"Well look who it is!" Eddie yells as Soph and I walk in, hand in hand. We all laugh before sitting down for breakfast and making small talk with everyone. (A/N I'm watching Newsies as I am writing this and Seize The Day just started and AHHHH! [Its the 1992 version]) After about half an hour, everyone has finished and we are about to go to the courtyard to get our work orders for the day.

"Okay! I have hope that we will get work done quicker today because we have more people, and we have motivation to hang out afterwards!!" My mom says excitedly. She gives everyone their work orders. "Okay, go!" She says, and everyone goes off to different locations to do their work.

~~

~Sophie POV~

My mom put me with Ali and Lisa on hotel monitoring. It's honestly one of the most boring jobs on the island, because we just sit there at the counter in case anyone were to come in (which almost never happens), but we need to catch up on life. I'm hiding it very well, but Sky's news from last night is eating me up inside. I just don't know what to think. I could go with him, but my mom needs my help here, and I have a steady job here. My mom also wants me to help her start up a few new businesses and places in abandoned buildings around the island. And, if Sky and I ever decide to have kids, him leaving for three months a year would really shake things up. I just don't know what to make of it.

"So what's your opinion on it, Soph?" Ali asks.

"What?"

"What do you think about us running a daycare in that building on 4th street?"

"That would be so fun! Oh guys, we have to do that!!" Wait. Sky leaving. If I want to go with him I can't take up such a huge responsibility. I guess my face fell or something because Lisa was on my case like a moth to a flame.

"What's wrong Sophie?" She asks, her face full of concern.

"Oh, nothing." I say, looking away and glancing at the ground.

"Oh come on. I can tell something is wrong." Lisa says, resting her hand on my shoulder.

"Okay-but you can't tell anyone. This is Sky and I's problem." I say.

"Oh my gosh are you pregnant!!??" Ali asks, whisper screaming.

"Nope." I reply immediately.

"Awwww dang. That would have been so cute." Ali says. I laugh.

"Okay so what's really wrong?" Lisa asks.

"Well, Sky was offered a job in London that would really support our family when we decide to expand it. But it requires him to leave for three months every year. I just don't know what to think. We have until the new year to decide what we are going to do." I say, my smile fading.

"Aww, Soph, you guys will figure it out. I'm sure of it." Ali says, placing a hand on my shoulder and squeezing it tightly.

"Yeah. You two are so cute. You'll be married by then anyway. So it's not like he will cheat on you or anything." Lisa says. I shrug.

"I guess. It's not that, it's just that I'll really miss him. Just-nevermind, let's move on. This isn't important." I say, quickly trying to change the subject.

"Soph, it is important. You will miss him, and that's really cute, but I understand it will be hard for you. That's why we're here. If you guys decide he should take the job, we'll be here to help you. And it's not for forever, it's three months a year. That's still a lot of time, but you'll be okay. Okay? We can talk about something else, but don't feel like this is unimportant and that no one will want to listen to you talk about it. Ali and I will listen to you whenever. And I'm sure your mom will too. Does she know?" Lisa says, reassuringly.

"No, my mom doesn't know, but Sky and I will talk to her soon to make decisions. And thank you guys." I say. "Now, what's all this about us running a daycare? There are some real cute little kids on this island...." I say and we all laugh. I truly love these girls.

~~
A/N

Hey! Here's another chapter for y'all. I will be putting a little chapter full of pictures out for future reference soon. (You'll understand eventually) Hope y'all had a great and have an even better one tomorrow!!

❤️~K