Chapter 14

~Sophie POV~

"Sky..." I say, my hands and voice shaking.

"Soph," Sky says quietly, meeting my eyes. I glance back down at the pregnancy test in my hand.

- Negative

It's going to crush him. This is the third time we've tried for a baby and it was negative. I look up and meet his eyes again. I shake my head, putting the test down on the counter. Sky wraps me in a hug. I feel tears in my eyes, ans I feel them spill over, falling down my face. I feel like I let him down.

"I'm sorry, Sky." I say, taking a deep breath to try and stop myself from crying. He hugs me tighter.

"Don't be sorry, Sophie. It's not your fault. This doesn't mean anything is impossible, okay? We'll try again, and then maybe we can look at other options. Sophie, everything is going to be alright. I love you." He tells me. I hug him tightly, thankful to have found someone like him.

"I love you too." I say after a minute or two. He kisses the top of my head and we stay there for a little while. We finally separate after a while, and Sky throws the test away, and then we head out to get ready for the day. After about 20 minutes, we head downstairs, hand in hand. We haven't told anyone that we're trying for a baby, and I don't think we will until something actually happens. We join my mom and dad and a bunch of the other people for breakfast. Sky and I both act as normal as possible, but I know that he's kind of upset, and so am I. There's no reason, and I guess were more disappointed than upset, but I think we are both doing a good job covering it up. Not good enough for my mom though. She's been looking at me, a concerned look in her eyes. I meet her gaze and raise an eyebrow. She stands and motions for me to follow her. Sky squeezes my hand as I stand up and follow my mom. I follow her out to the courtyard and sit down next to her on a bench.

"Something's up with you and Sky." My mom says bluntly, looking at me concerned. "Are you two fighting?"

"No! Mom, we're both fine, and we aren't fighting." I say quickly. "It's just something going on in our lives, but we're working on it." I tell her. She gives me a confused look. "Sky and I will tell everyone once we figure everything out." I tell my mom.

"You're pregnant!" She exclaims. My face falls and I shake my head. "Oh." She says, and then she stares into space for a minute. "Sophie, are you and Sky trying for a baby?" My mom asks. I nod. She hugs me tightly, obviously very excited at this news.

"Mom, you can't tell anyone." I quickly say, pulling away and looking up to meet her eyes. "All three times I've taken tests, it's been negative. We aren't giving up but we are going to consider other options for us if the tests continue to be negative." I tell my mom. I wasn't going to tell her, or anyone, but my mom knows me too well, I can't keep anything from her.

"I won't tell anyone, Soph. And I'm sure everything will work out, just don't give up." My mom says. "I'm so excited for you two!" She says then, hugging me tightly. I smile. This'll work out. And if it doesn't, adoption is always an option. No matter what happens, I know Sky and I will expand our family someday, somehow. My mom and I then get up and go back to breakfast.

-2 weeks later-

This feeling is familiar. The nervousness flowing through my body. I stand in the bathroom on another morning, holding a pregnancy test. I haven't looked at it. I call Sky into the bathroom, and he is quick to enter. He stands behind me, his hands on my shoulders as I slowly flip over the test.

+ Positive

"Soph," Sky says, slight amazement in his voice. I set the test on the counter and he spins me around to face him and pulls me into a passionate kiss. I wrap my arms around his neck as he wraps his tightly around my torso. After a while we both pull away, huge smiles on our faces.

"Sky," I say, laughing in amazement.

"Sophie, we're having a baby!" He says excitedly, but quietly.

"We are!" I reply, and he pulls me into another kiss. After we pull apart, a thought pops into my head. "I should probably take another one or two just to make sure it isn't a false alarm." I point out, and Sky nods. The nerves return. He leaves the bathroom and I take two more tests, from different brands. When the timer goes off, I call Sky into the bathroom, and nervously flip over the two tests.

+ Positive

+ Positive

A smile breaks out onto my face and Sky hugs me tightly again.

"It's really happening!" I say, tears springing to my eyes. We kiss again and then head out of the bathroom.

"I can't believe this, Soph." Sky says, smiling. "We're having a baby!" He exclaims. His eyes are shiny with tears of joy, and the tears in my eyes spill over, a few of them falling down my face. Sky wipes the tears off of my face gently with his thumb. I wrap my arms tightly around his neck pulling him close to me and resting my head on his shoulder. He wraps his arms around me.

"I love you." I say quietly. "I'm so excited to take on this journey with you, Sky." He kisses the top of my head.

"I love you too, Soph." Sky responds, wrapping his arms around me a little tighter. "Thank you for giving me the greatest gift anyone could ever give." He says. And we stand there, thinking about this journey, and how lucky we are to be walking it.

—-
1019 words-excluding A/N

hey look, a chapter!

❤️~K