Chapter 6

Sophie POV

I fall asleep in Sky's arms in a storm shelter. I wake up in the same place, still in Sky's arms. He's still awake. He's staring off at the ceiling. I shift to face him and his head snaps down and he looks at me.

"Sky, are you okay?" I ask, sitting myself up more and shifting off of his lap so he's more comfortable. I grab his hand and lean on his side, resting my head on his shoulder. He rests his head on mine and squeezes my hand.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine." He says, halfheartedly.

"What's wrong?" I ask, gently rubbing my thumb against his hand.

"Nothing, it's okay, Soph. I'm fine." He says.

"Nothing is obviously something, Sky."

"I-I just...I didn't know what happened to you. I could've stopped it. You could've gotten hurt, or died, or gotten stuck in a storm again. I was so worried. I could've lost you. Soph, I can't lose you." He says, his voice cracking and his eyes filling with tears. He pulls me back into his lap. He hold me tightly, and I wrap my arms around his torso holding him back tightly.

"And I can't lose you. That's what happened. I went down to the dock in the early morning to think. I saw all the damage done by the storm, and I cried. And I thought. I thought about your job, my job. I thought about the storm. But mostly, I thought about you. How you risked your life to get to me. How you could've died coming to the island from the mainland. How much I love you. How our lives would change if you took the job. These thoughts started haunting me. It got to be too much and everything went black. I didn't mean for anything to happen, it's just that there was so much I was worrying about. After a while, the darkness faded and horrible images and thoughts were closing in on me. I remember feeling that I was being carried, but I also remember feeling like I was thrashing. I couldn't stop. The images were haunting me, trapping me in a nightmare. I felt a hand in mine and strained to squeeze it back. I was so scared, but I opened my eyes and then I was in your arms and everything was okay. That's what happened. There wasn't anything you could have done to stop it. My mind lost control. There's nothing anybody could have done." I explain to him. A few tears fall from my eyes, as well as his.

"I love you." Sky says, wiping my tears away with his thumb before drying his own. "I can't take that job that was offered to me." He says out of nowhere. "I can't. I can't be away from you for three months a year. I can't live without you. With all the renovations to be done around here, I will find a job in the island."

"I love you too." I say. "And thank you. For everything." He kisses me passionately. We pull away and then just sit there together, me on his lap, my arms around him, his arms around me. My mom opens the door. She sees us and starts to close it. "It's okay mom, you can come in." I say, sitting up. She opens it again.

"I don't want to interrupt but the storm has passed and it's about noon. Everyone is eating before getting to work. You two don't have to work today. Soph, you are not working today. You're not allowed to. Are you okay? We were all worried about you." She asks. I nod.

"I'm okay. I can work mom, I'm fine-" I try to convince her, but Sky interrupts me.

"Nope. Your mom's right, Soph. You fainted. You're not working today. You're going to get some rest. I know you didn't sleep well last night. You can't trick me." He says. I sigh in defeat. My mom laughs. I shoot her a playful glare. "Going up." Sky says, scooping me up and standing up. My mom laughs again and we all head out of the storm shelters, Sky refusing to put me down and let me walk. He takes me up to our room. He gently sets me down on our bed. "I'm going to go get you lunch and bring it back to you." He says, kissing my forehead and leaving the room. I sigh, they really aren't going to let me do any work. I grab my laptop off of the bedside table and open it. I start trying to do some more organizing for our wedding. Sky comes back up with some food and we eat together. As we eat we talk about our wedding that is a week away. We saved everything from last time. "Hey, Soph. You need to relax today. I saw what you were doing on your laptop, baby. You don't need to do anything else for the wedding. It's all set. I'm beyond ready to marry you. Just rest." He tells me.

"I can't wait to marry you either. I'm fine, Sky. I can just sit here and do work on my laptop. You don't have to worry. I'll be fine." I try to assure him.

"Okay fine, but if you get tired at all, stop and get some rest. Don't stay awake to finish it all. Please. Okay?" He practically begs me. I sigh, nodding. He kisses my forehead. "I've got to go help your mom. Please rest." He says, leaving the room and closing the door. I turn back to my laptop screen doing a couple things for the website before getting bored. I just look around and check the hotel's social media. I get onto our Facebook and make a few posts and put them up on our Facebook page for the Hotel Villa Donna. I just update the information that was there because nobody has in a while with all the physical work that has needed to be done. Once I finish the updates, I kind of just browse around Facebook, looking at our followers and everything when something catches my eye.

Sky

Sky.

----
1010 words

A/N

Annnnnnnnnd it's done. I spent about an hour making the missing persons thing and I'm actually kinda proud of it. Thanks for reading!!

❤️~K