Chapter 12

Sophie POV

"What the heck is wrong with you!?" Sky asks his mom, gently pulling me behind him, handing me off to my mom, who is very angry. My mom gives me a quizzical look.

"I'm fine." I brush it off. I can't believe these people. Sky's a grown adult, and he should be able to make his own decisions. I watch as his mother starts to make her way towards me again, but Sky abruptly stops her by putting his hands on her shoulders.

"Seriously! You guys are my parents!" Sky shouts. His parents stop and stand still, listening. Sky lowers his voice back to a normal level. "I know that I deliberately disobeyed your requests, but I am an adult. I am old enough to make my own decisions, to live my life my own way. It's my life. I know you want me to be just like you, but that's not the person I want to be. I'm sorry, I know this is disappointing to you, but I guess I'm a disappointment then." Sky tells them. "I wanted to talk this out with you, hear your side of the argument. But now, you've come down, upset everyone and hit my wife. I don't want to hear your pathetic side of this argument, because obviously you two haven't changed. Please, leave me and my wife and her/my family alone." Sky says. I take his hand and squeeze it gently. He kisses me and then we head back to the hotel, hand in hand, leaving his parents speechless behind us.

- - -
Sky POV

I just went off on my parents. I didn't want to be rude towards them, but when they hit Sophie, all of my civil nature just went out the window. I knew this wasn't going to turn out well. Sophie and I head back inside and go to our room, both of us very on edge. My phone starts blowing up with messages from Soph's family and our friends. I shut off my phone, wanting to forget about everything until my parents leave. I can't believe they did this. Came all the way here to reclaim their "perfect" son who wouldn't have ever lived up to their expectations anyways. Tried to split me up from the love of my life, and then hit her. It all just makes me so mad. There has to have been something I could've done to prevent this. Sophie opens her eyes and looks at me.

"Brush it off, Sky. It's not your fault. They needed you to stand up to them. Everything's okay now." She tells me, gently rubbing circles on my hand, her head leaning on my shoulder.

"She hit you, Soph. My b**** of a mother slapped you in the face. I'm just supposed to let that slide?" I reply, still very angry that my mother hit Sophie.

"I've been hit before, Sky. I'll survive. I promise. It'll all work out. It'll all be okay." She tells me, calming me down.

"I-there's got to be something I could've done to prevent this." I sigh.

"Stop. Don't dwell on it, Sky. It's late, and we've had a long day. Let it go, we can deal with anything there's left to deal with tomorrow." Sophie says. "I love you."

"I love you too, Soph." I say, and we share a passionate kiss. Her and I both put on our pajamas and crawl in bed. I made sure the door  was locked. Donna has a key if she needs to talk to us, but I don't need my parent's drama tonight. I pull Sophie close to me, and kiss her forehead. She falls asleep in my arms and I fall asleep shortly after.

- - -
Donna POV

Poor Sophie and Sky. His parents have no right to be doing the things they're doing to them. Sky is my son now, and these people, I understand why he never told us about them. If there was anywhere else on this island for them to go, I'd kick them out of the hotel. But there's no other hotels on the island. I gave them the ferry time tomorrow, and they are no longer welcome here after tonight. Unfortunately, the ferry doesn't arrive until 1:00 PM. So I guess they'll be some tension. But they need to respect that Sky is an adult and he's made a commitment he isn't willing to break. It's just not right. And Sophie is just caught in the middle of all of this. She loves Sky, and I know she'll stand by him no matter what. I hope they're going to be alright. They aren't mad at each other, but I hope this whole thing doesn't get to them. I help clean up dinner and then head up to check on Sophie and Sky. I softly knock on their door, and get no response. I use my key to open the door, just to make sure they're okay. They're both asleep, Sophie being tightly held in Sky's arms as they sleep. I don't want to be creepy, so I close the door and quietly head up to Sam and I's room.

- - -
Sophie POV

I wake up early, a habit I've had since I was little. I only sleep in when I'm super tired or anxious. I'm still in Sky's arms, where I fell asleep last night. He's still asleep. I close my eyes and lay there, thinking. Soon, I feel Sky start to wake up. I open my eyes and meet his open eyes. We kiss.

"Gmorning." Sky says tiredly.

"Good morning." I reply. Slowly, we both get up and get ready for the day. There may be obstacles that we have to face today. I am not letting Sky's parents decide how Sky's life plays out. I'm not letting them take him from me. I can tell Sky is still angry from last night, and he doesn't want to have to face this problem again. But we love each other, and nothing is going to come between us. I take his hand, and we head downstairs to face his parents for the last time.

- - -
1027 words-excluding A/N

A/N
Hey I'm not dead...wow!! Here's a chapter. Forever Ours is under way, but I wanted to update this first. Thanks for reading, voting, and commenting!

❤️~K