Chapter 13

~Sky POV~

I'm angry, I won't let Sophie see it, but I'm angry. I can't believe my mom would stoop to that much of a low. I squeeze Sophie's hand as we walk downstairs to the courtyard. My parents are leaving today at 1:00 PM. I'm almost positive they'll try to pull something to make me go back with them, but there's no way in h*ll I'm going to leave Sophie and the island. My parents glance up at us as we walk past. I avoid eye contact and my mom looks down in shame-an obvious stunt. She doesn't even feel bad about it and I can tell. I can't believe them. I take a deep breath to keep Sophie from seeing my anger. I don't want her to have to deal with this, this is my problem and my fault.

"Son, we-" my dad starts. So much for keeping my anger in.

"Don't even start. I'm not coming with you. This is my life. This is how I want it to be, this is what I'm here to do. This is where I choose to be. This," I say gesturing to Sophie. "is who I chose to be with. Victoria is a stupid b**** and I never wanted anything to do with her. I love Sophie and my life is here now. Please, leave us alone. There is no way we can brush past this and start over on good terms, so don't try. Just leave me and my wife and our family alone." I say, then squeezs Sophie's hand again and we walk away. My parents are floored and angry, but don't follow us. Sophie and I walk out to the docks and just sit and watch the water.

~Sophie POV~

I rest my head on Sky's shoulder as we sit together, looking out over the sea. He rests his head on top of mine, and sighs in relief. It's over. The ferry is visible in the distance. It'll be about half an hour until it docks here to pick up his parents and anyone else leaving the island. I can tell he can't wait for his parents to leave and for all of this to blow over. Everything will be normal again.  Sky will probably never talk to his parents again, but I don't think he cares. They're bad people. I wanted him to try to reconcile his parents, but after they hit me, he wanted nothing to do with them. It's weird for me to see Sky so angry, so worked up. He's usually so calm and laid back, and the anger he unleashed scared me, but also comforted me. He only got so angry because he doesn't want to leave me. I move a little closer to him and close my eyes. I open them again when the ferry docks. Sky stands up and holds out his hand and helps me up. His parents are walking towards the docks. Sky grabs my hand and leads me away. His mother shakes her head but we keep walking. We walk until we come to the orchard. The sudden shade throws a chill over me, and Sky puts his jacket around me as I shiver slightly. I lean my head on his shoulder as we walk through the orchard, our hands tightly clasped together. We take a seat on the bench and he leans his head on top of mine.

"How's the daycare coming along?" Sky asks me. "It's been a while since you talked about it."

"It's going really well. A lot of the stuff is coming together and a lot of kids are already enrolled." I tell him.

"Speaking of kids, I want to talk to you about something, Soph." Sky says, very seriously.

"What? Is something wrong?" I ask, a little bit worried now.

"No, nothing's wrong." Sky says, shaking his head. "Do-um...Soph, I..." he stammers. He clears his throat, shaking his head slightly. "Sorry, I'm not quite sure how to phrase this." He sighs. He takes a deep breath and then meets my eyes. "Do you want to have kids?" He asks me, practically spitting out the words. I smile. A little part of me knew this is what he was talking about, but the bigger part of me wanted to make sure. We haven't had this discussion ever before, and I understand why he was hesitant.

"Of course I do." I smile, and heaves a huge sigh of relief, breaking out in a smile. He pulls me close to him and kisses me. "Does this mean you want to have kids?" I ask after we pull away. He nods slowly. We both smile and then kiss again.

"We can start trying whenever, but Soph, I wanna do this." Sky says, looking me in the eye and squeezing my hand.

"So do I, Sky." I say, smiling. I rest my head on his shoulder. A feeling of pure happiness washes over me as I think about our future. I can't wait for this new journey to begin. I eventually fall asleep on Sky's shoulder.

~Sky POV~

After our discussion, Sophie falls asleep on my shoulder. It starts to get dark out, we've been sitting out here for a long time, just relaxing and cuddling on this bench in the orchard. I shift Sophie so she's in a more comfortable position and then take off my jacket and drape it over her as she lays on the bench, her head now in my lap. I run my hand through her hair as she sleeps. It gets increasingly dark and cold outside, so I scoop Sophie up into my arms and carry her up to our room. I lay her down in our bed and cover her with the blanket. I kiss her forehead. I turn off the light and then head into the bathroom to get ready for bed. After I do that, I climb into the bed next to Sophie and wrap my arms around her, holding her close to me. All that drama with my parents is over, and a new journey is going to begin for Sophie and I soon.

-3 weeks later-

~Sophie POV~

I look down at the pregnancy test in my hands.

"Sky!" I call. He comes into the bathroom within ten seconds, both of us on edge.

"Sophie?" He asks, prompting me to tell him.

"Sky..."

---
1064 words-excluding A/N A/N

I updated!! Not going to lie, been kind of lacking inspiration for this book, but this idea came to me a few days ago, and I have a ton of ideas on where to take this story! Sorry that these updates are so sporadic, I'll keep trying my hardest to update more frequently. Thank you all for reading and supporting this story! I love you all and am super excited about where I'm going to take this story.

❤️~K