Chapter 10

~Aaron POV~
(Sky's father)
My son has been gone for five years. We had everything set for him, and he only wanted to get away. He was going to be successful. We allowed him three years, but it's been five. We have always told him to listen and to not rebel against our rules. He never listened, but we thought he would take on the responsibility of living on his own as too much and come back early, he is very used to us providing him with everything. I told my wife he would come back once he couldn't handle it anymore. I just don't when that will be. So Margaret made missing persons flyers. I don't know what that's going to do, but it might do something. Margaret is very angry that Sky didn't come back. She keeps saying she raised him better. She just watches the phone all day. One Sunday afternoon, it rings. Margaret picks it up, hopefully.

----

Donna POV
I call the number. It is picked up and I am greeted by an anguished-ish-sounding voice.

"Hello?" The person on the other line asks, sort of rudely, but I brush it off. She must be in agony over not knowing where her child is.

"Hello. My name is Donna Carmichael, and I have called about the missing persons flyers." I say. I hear an excited gasp on the other end and some distant conversation.

"Have you found my son?" The voice asks. "I'm so sorry, I didn't introduce myself. I'm Margaret Rymand." She says.

"I have found your son, and I know him quite well. I have called to inform you that he is happy and safe." I say, which is the truth.

"He's happy and safe!?" She asks, and she sounds angry. "Where is he?" She demands.

"He is here, on Kalokairi." I say.

"Where even is that? Oh my goodness he really has destroyed his future hasn't he!? What is he doing there? Does he have a job? Why does he stay!? He had a set life here in London!" She starts yelling at me. I do my best to not yell back or anything. Just stay calm, I remind myself.

"He does have a job." I say.

"What is it!?" She spits.

"He is on the staff for the hotel that is run here."

"Dear gosh, a hotel staff member! You have got to be kidding me. He ran away from this perfect life to work at a hotel!" She yells. "Why does he stay!? That is a horrible career! He has no reason not to come back to London and start a steady career for himself!"

"He has quite a reason to stay here." I say calmly.

"What would that be?" She asks rudely.

"He's married." I tell her.

"He's WHAT!?" She hisses.

"Married, to my daughter. They've been engaged for around a year and a half to two years and they got married a few days ago." I inform her. I can hear her deep, angry breaths from the other side of the line, and I can tell she is seething with anger.

"Aaron! He's MARRIED some idiot stranger!" I hear her distant scream. Disregarding my attempt to stay calm, I get angry. She hasn't met my daughter, she has no right to call her an idiot.

"Do NOT call my daughter an idiot." I say, raising my voice.

"You obviously granted his permission to marry her, why did you do that?" She says directing her anger at me.

"Because I've never seen two people love each other more!" I fire back, completely losing my patience. "I genuinely thought you would care about your son's happiness more than his success, but I was clearly wrong. This is probably why he didn't want me to call you in the first place." I say before hanging up, I can't deal with that anymore. I get up from where I was sitting, and head out to finish any work around the hotel.

~Margaret POV~

That lady had such nerve. Telling me how to care about my own son. I can't believe Sky married someone, let alone her daughter! I'm so angry! How could he have just cut us out of his life completely, and MARRIED someone!? Aaron comes over and discusses our son's stupidity with me. All those years of hard work to get him locked and secured into a good, stable, successful future, thrown away because he married some girl. How could he do this to us. I try to recall a piece of information from the phone call.

"Kalokairi! That's what it was!" I shout, standing up and walking briskly to a desktop we have sitting on a desk. I type up some stuff and eventually purchase plane tickets to what I learned is a Greek island.

~one day later~

~Sophie's POV~

Ali, Lisa, and I are working the counter today. My mom told me about the call from yesterday.  To be honest, it did put me on edge a little bit, and it put Sky on edge as well. But, it's been a whole day since then, and we haven't heard anything from his parents. Right now, Ali and Lisa are talking with me about the daycare we are going to open on the island. The bell rings, telling us that the door was opened. We all turn to face the door. An older couple walks in and comes up to us.

"Hello!" I greet them, a smile on my face.  "Welcome to the Hotel Bella Donna! What can I help you with?" I ask them. They look angry-which could just be jet lag or bad travel day. But they look really mad.

"We'd like a room for a few nights." They say. I nod to Ali and she types a few things in.

"What's the name the room will be under?" Lisa asks, holding the log book.

"Rymand." The angry woman says. I freeze, but try to play it off. They have to be Sky's parents. Lisa jumps in to cover for me.

"Alright. You two will be in room 175, the third door on the right down that hallway." She says, gesturing to the hallway. The begrudgingly say thank you and then head down the hallway. I quick grab the phone and dial the number of Sky and I's room.

"Hello?" I hear him say.

"Sky, it's me." I say.

"What's wrong?" He says, I guess sensing my voice tone.

"We've got a big problem."

---
1088 words-excluding A/N

A/N

I'm sorry for not updating.

❤️~K