Chapter 11

~Sophie POV~

"We've got a big problem."

"Soph? Is everything okay?" He asks, somewhat frantically.

"Your parents just rented a room." I blurt out.

"I'm coming down there." He says.

"No! Don't. I'll come up there. Ali and Lisa can cover for me." I say. He sighs.

"I was afraid this would happen." He says, and then he hangs up. I sigh and hang up the phone.

"Can you guys cover for me?" I ask Ali and Lisa. They nod.

"Sure. Those really were his parents?" Lisa asked.

"I have no other option than to believe so."

"They look like angry people." Ali said. I nod slowly.

"Thanks so much for covering for me." I say before running up the stairs. I open the door to Sky and I's room, and immediately he pulls me into his arms. After we pull apart, we sit down on the bed. "What are we going to do?" I ask him, grabbing and squeezing his hand. "They're going to want to see you, and who knows what else they want. From the phone call my mom had with your mom, they are not happy about you being married." I say, not sure of what else to say, and what to do. Sky puts his arm around my shoulders and pulls me close to him.

"I don't know what to do." He says. "I should know, but I don't." He sighs. "This is my fault. I've brought this upon you, and that is something I never wanted to do." He sounds very disappointed in himself.

"Sky, it isn't your fault. You didn't know for sure what would happen. And you didn't bring this upon me. It was an equal thing. We made a commitment to each other, and sometimes things like this happen. It isn't your fault." I reassure him, but I'm not sure if it really works or not. We spend the next few hours together, just thinking. And evading running into Sky's parents.

"Okay, but I can't-we can't just stay confined here and hide our lives, our marriage. You are the best thing that's ever happened to me, I don't want to hide that. I don't care what my parents will do, or what they think. I love you, and that's what matters." He says. I smile, and he pulls me into a kiss. It's time for dinner, and we are heading downstairs. We clasp our hands together tightly. We arrive at the table and sit down. Upon seeing us, my mom tenses. I smile, and shake my head, conveying to her that it's okay. It's all smooth riding from there. We eat and talk as always. It's okay. Until Sky's parents walk down. I see them and tense up. I lean my head onto his shoulder and grab his hand.

"Sky." I whisper into his ear. "Don't turn your head. It's your parents, they're down here." I whisper. I can feel him tense as well. Soon everyone at the table is tense. Sky's parents casually walk by and head out the door, and we all heave a huge sigh of relief . Three seconds
later, Margaret runs back in like she's forgotten something. She stops dead in her tracks when she sees Sky's face.

"AARON!" She screams back towards the door. Everyone at the table jumps out of their skin. Sky and I join hands again, gripping each other's hands tightly. My mom stands up. She walks politely over to Sky's mom, as his dad runs back through the door. "ITS HIM!" She screams into Aaron's face. My mom walks up calmly.

"Please, for the other guests and employees at the hotel, lower your voices." She informs them politely, not letting her anxiety or anger show. Margaret pushes past my mother, and my dad gets up to defend her, but Margaret completely ignores his polite requests to leave.

"Skyler Rymand!" Sky's mom yells. Sky squeezes my hand tightly and stands up. I stand with him, still gripping his hand. His mom is terrifying. She walks over to us. I squeeze his hand tightly, and he moves me closer to him. His mom gets up in his face, screaming at him.

"HOW-WHY DID YOU NOT CALL?? WHY DID YOU STAY?? YOU COULD'VE STARTED A BETTER LIFE!! I TRY TO FIND MY SON AND I FIND HIM MARRIED TO SOME STUPID GIRL? WHAT ABOUT VICTORIA? YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO MARRY HER!" His mom screams, slapping our hands apart. Sky grabs my hand again, before flipping his lid.

"I DON'T-sorry, I shouldn't yell." Sky says. He starts again. "I don't know if you haven't noticed, but I'm 22 now. I'm an adult. I can make decisions for myself." Sky instinctively raises his voice, fighting to keep it down. "Sorry, Donna. I'm going to have to yell." He says. My mom is on his side and doesn't care. "SOPHIE IS NOT STUPID! SHE'S AMAZING, AND I LOVE HER! YOU CAN'T JUST DECIDE HOW MY LIFE PLAYS OUT!! ITS MY LIFE!" He yells.

"THAT IS NO WAY TO TALK TO YOUR MOTHER!" Sky's father yells. "You are coming back to London with your mother and I. You will attend the university we have chosen for you and work in the office we have chosen for you." His father tells him. Panic shoots through me. His dad said that so forcefully, who knows what their actual intent is? He pulls me closer, letting go of my hands and putting his arm around my waist. This wasn't a smart move, because Sky's father was angered by it and grabbed his free hand, pulling him away from me. Aaron pulls him, but Sky is stronger.

"Let him go! He's an adult, for goodness sakes!" I shout, not being able to contain myself anymore. I feel bad for shouting, but I can't take this anymore. I walk over to help Sky, but Margaret steps in front of me. She slaps me in the face, hard. I stumble back but quickly regain my footing. Sky is seething with anger. My mom is very angry, and so is my dad. Everyone present is angry. Sky busts out of his father's grasp, and marches angrily up to his mother.

"Now you've gone too far." Sky seethes angrily. This looks like it's going to get much more intense.

---
1055 words-excluding A/N

A/N

Sorry for not updating but I've had actually no time. Candy Cane Tales ended the 16th and then I started rehearsals for Leap Of Faith on the 17th, so I've been pretty busy. But here's a chapter!! Happy Holidays!

❤️~K