CHAPTER 17

The doorbell rang and I quickly ran to open it.

Grace stood in the entrance smiling. She wore a tank top and jeans. Her hair was down as she looked prettier than ever.

"Hey." I smiled.

"Neighbor boy." She grinned. We almost immediately went upstairs to watch a movie in the movie room. There was a big couch, beanbags, and a large projector on the wall that worked as a TV. I started to browse through Netflix, sitting on a big black beanbag as Grace laid next to me.

"Ooh lets watch Riverdale!" She laughed. I clicked on it and we started to watch. 

Our lazy day was fantastic. We watched TV all morning and around 1 I started getting hungry.

"Do you want food?" I asked her. 

"Sure, what do you guys have?" 

"Pasta, bread, Grilled cheese..." I trailed off. 

"Grilled cheese sounds good." She smiled. I paused the show and we headed downstairs. I gathered the ingredients and we started to cook and butter the bread to perfection. 

I flipped the sandwiches, watching the butter sizzle and pop on the pan. I put each sandwich on a plate and cut them diagonally. We ate at the counter, laughing and cracking jokes. We talked for an hour even after the plates were empty. Finally, Grace volunteered to clean the dishes. I sat at the counter while she did.

"My parents hate you. Literally. They would openly burn you at the stake." She sighed and turned the water off. "It's like they won't let us be together,"

"That's not going to stop me," I smiled. 

She turned and looked at me. 

"I'm serious, Grace. I'm not giving up here. It's not like we're just fooling around for the summer,"

Her face was blank. I had screwed up. 

"Or... Or maybe we are." I stuttered. "I dunno,"

She walked closer to me and I stood. 

"I-I-I don't, don't know." I panicked. 

She put her hands on my shoulders, her face never changing. 

"James," She whispered. "What is it,"

"I love you," I said surely. Her face lit up without her expression ever changing. "I love you, Grace. Nothing, not even your dumb ass parents can stand in my way." 

She kissed me, slowly at first. Then we parted lips and she whispered something, so quietly I could only hear the echo of it.

"I love you too," 

I grinned at her response. It took no more than two seconds before what happened next. I put my hand on her cheek and the other on her waist, the perfect kiss.

Her fingers looped in my hair, carried away. We parted lips for a second, her eyes still closed.

"To be continued?" She whispered.

I smiled. "To be continued." 

She looked up at me, bitting her lip ever so slightly. 

I lifted her by her waist and she grinned. I backed up towards the couch, kissing her as I took each step. I sat down and leaned back into the cushions and she straddled me. I felt that anything between us was unnecessary, I just wanted to be closer to her. 

I lifted the shirt off her head, and her hands found their way back to my cheeks. She started working the button on my jeans as I threw my T-shirt behind me. I kissed her neck, and her breathing got heavy. 

"Upstairs," She muttered. She sat up and I followed her, running after her, longing for another kiss, for the moment when we'd be closer than ever before.

She sat down on my bed and I didn't hesitate to follow her, pressing her into the sheets. I leaned above her, pinning her arms above her head. Her legs wrapped around my waist and I realized that as long as she was here, with me, I'd be happier beyond my wildest dreams.