CHAPTER 24

On the morning of July the Second, Grace was greeted by my parents at our front door. 

I went downstairs to great her. My Dad took her bags and started to carry them out to my car.

"Hey." I smiled. 

"Hi." She grinned.

"GRACE!" Katie screamed running down the stairs. My sister had a deep connection with my girlfriend.  "Do you want to meet Fish?" Katie asked.

"Yeah." Grace smiled and I followed the two upstairs to my sister's room. Katie sat on the floor and opened the cadge door. She reached in and took out the small hamster. 

"Meet Fish." Katie held the hamster up to her face.

"Oh my gosh, he's so cute..." Grace sighed.

"Do you wanna hold him?" Katie asked, holding the hamster out towards Grace. Grace took Fish in her hands and petted him.

"Kids, come downstairs, we're leaving!" My Mom called from downstairs. 

"Okay, leave fish lots of food so he doesn't get hungry." I told Katie. She quickly scooped him more food and closed the cadge tightly. 

Grace followed me downstairs. We loaded into the car with Katie in the back. 

"I'll follow you." I yelled to parents who were driving separately. I connected my phone to the car speakers, buckled my seatbelt and started the car engine.

We drove off behind my parent's car, ready for the trip ahead.