CHAPTER 33

Several Days passed, my parents were still gone and Grace was never in her room. One night I saw her Mom's car drive out of the garage and down the street. I decided to call her, it was now or never.

The phone rang for several moments and finally she answered.

"Hey." She said weakly.

"Hi, are you okay?" I asked, sitting at the kitchen counter. 

"Yeah" Her voice cracked.

"Grace"

"No, I'm not fine." She sighed. 

"Should I come over, or not?"

"Come over, I don't want to be alone right now." She sniffed.

"Okay, I'll be right over" I hung up and left a note on the counter for Katie incase she came home from her friends house. I walked in through the front door and saw Grace on the couch wearing one of my old hoodies and shorts. She looked at me and I saw that her eyes were puffy and red from crying.

I ran over to the couch, concerned. She started to cry again, tears rolling down her face. I held held her close to my chest, her tears staining my shirt.

"Hey.... hey." I whispered. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"No, no" 

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah" She smiled weakly at me. "Thanks for coming over"

"Grace, I love you" I smiled at her. It was late and I couldn't stand her being alone.

"I love you too." She sniffed. "C-Can you stay?"

"Of course."

"Thanks, I just don't want to be alone." She leaned into my body, I felt her muscles relax. I picked her up, carrying her up the stairs to her room. Her bed was neatly made, it looked like she hadn't slept in days. I set her down and brought over a blanket. She made room for me under the covers and I slowly laid down next to her. 

She faced me as we lay in the darkness. I wiped a tear from her cheek and she laughed. She snuggled close to my chest and within minutes her breathing was steady and calm. She was asleep. I held her and fell asleep immediately.