CHAPTER 39

"How long will this take us?" Grace sighed.

"Six hours." I said, turning the wheel slightly. "You can sleep in the back if you want"

"Thanks, when you want to sleep I can drive."

"Night." I smiled. She laughed and curled up in the backseat. After several minutes I turned my head to see Grace sleeping soundly. I smiled and looked back at the road. This was going to be fun.

At around 4 am, we had been going for several hours

At around 4 am, we had been going for several hours. My adrenaline was still high and Grace had been awake for a while.

"Bathroom break?" She suggested. 

"Starbucks?" 

"Yes please." She laughed. We found the nearest exit and then a Starbucks several minutes from there.

Grace ordered her caramel macchiato and I got a dark roast coffee. We both used the bathroom and crashed at one of the smaller tables.

"Was this a bad idea?" I finally sighed.

"JAMES!" 

"Sorry, I can't help but wonder."

"Trust me, this is going to be awesome. We're going to San Fransisco..."

"Okay, okay." I smiled at her. "We should get back on the road though, Can you drive?"

"Sure." She laughed, leaning into me as we walked. "Gimme your keys, neighbor boy!" She shouted into the empty parking lot.

"Oh my gosh, Grace." I laughed. I tossed her the keys and we loaded back into the car. She started the engine and once again we were off.