CHAPTER 18

I woke up in my bed. It was dark outside and the clock said it was 7pm. I must've been asleep for hours. I wasn't wearing anything except boxers.  Next to me with the sheets up to her waist was Grace in her bra, sleeping soundly. 

My memory came back suddenly and vividly and my face went pink. I smiled at her as she slept. I threw on a pair of sweat pants and slowly got out of bed. There was scattered clothing on my bedroom floor and I avoided it as I crept towards the door.

"What time is it?" Grace asked, smiling at me from the bed.

"I was trying to be quiet." I laughed.

"Too late." She smiled. 

"Do you want to get breakfast?" I asked her. "Or dinner, I guess."

"Sure." She smiled. We got out of bed and she threw on a random pair of sweatpants from the floor.

"Here." I threw her one of my comfiest sweatshirts. She threw it over her head and laughed.

"I guess I've reached the sweatshirt sharing stage." She smiled.

"Well...." I thought back to last night. She laughed and we went downstairs and immediately saw the damage. The pillows had been thrown off the couch and somehow my shirt from yesterday had been thrown in the sink.

"We should clean." I sighed. She nodded in agreement.

We had an all nighter, just talking and hanging out, simply like we had been before. This time, I could hardly look at her without blushing. I had seen her, felt her skin on mine.

I had kissed every inch of her body and buried myself in her. I knew her better than I expected too, and I knew she felt the same.

I never knew so little could change within a few hours.