Chapter 6: Twister

Chapter 6: Twister [Not Edited]

So this was what it was like to see Zac Efron in person. He wore a tight navy t-shirt and you could see the outline of his muscles underneath them, black shorts and vans. I immediately wiped the sides of my mouth, just incase I had drooled. Fortunately I hadn't. Or not yet anyways. He stepped through the door frame and said hi to Mike, before greeting Shai and Theo. Then he turned to me.

"So you're the girl Miles has been talking about?" he smiled, "I'm Zac."

"I'm Brooklyn," I said, a little shakily, "It's good to finally meet you."

"Finally, hey? So you've been waiting for a while?" he joked.

"I mean it's good to meet you in person, after seeing some of your movies," I said, rolling my eyes. My confidence had decided to come back.

"Where's Miles?" he asked, one eyebrow raised.

"I"M HERE!" Miles yelled, sprinting into the room, "Hey Zac!"

"Hi Miles," Zac chuckled, "What's that?" he said pointing to the box in Miles' hands.

"Have you never played Twister before?" Shai gasped.

"Nope," he replied, popping the p, "But I can probably beat you guys anyway.

"Guess its game on then," Theo smirked, looking at Miles, Mike and Zac.

"I think you forgot about me and Brooklyn. One of us will win," Shai said smugly.

"Definitely. But who's gonna spin?" I asked.

Nobody wanted to spin, so we did paper scissors rock, with Shai losing. It looked like it was me vs the guys. To be honest, I totally didn't mind getting stuck in awkward positions with Miles and Zac.

---

It was the third round of Twister, with me winning one game and Zac winning the other. Miles and Mike were terrible at Twister, but even with Miles claiming he 'got all the hard spins' it was extremely obvious. It was just Theo, Zac and I in this round. My right hand was on green and my left was on red. I couldn't even keep track of what colours my feet were on. I was just holding myself above the ground, facing the roof. Kinda like a weird starfish. 

"Theo. Right hand, blue," Shai commanded.

"I can't reach," Theo whined, before slipping and falling flat on his face, almost bringing me down with him.

Shai and Miles started laughing but me and Zac knew their could only be one champion, and we weren't going down because of a laughing fit.

"Zac. Left hand, yellow."

Zac leaned over me to put his hand on the yellow spot. His face was no more than 20cm away from mine and I could feel his peppermint breath on my face. How many girls would want to swap spots with me right now? 

"Brooklyn. Left foot, red." 

I stretched my foot out as far as I could and managed to thump it down on the red spot.

"You're quite good at this game Miss Connors," Zac whispered, "But you won't beat me."

"I wouldn't be to sure about Mr Efron," I giggled, "I'm amazing at Twister."

"Stop flirting and get on with the game!" Theo scoffed, causing me and Zac to both blush. Zac was flirting with me? Nah, that was just Theo. He was such a character.

"Ok Zac, this is a tricky one!" Shai called, "Right hand, blue."

This was super awkward. Zac's hand was between my body and the ground. Personally, I didn't mind that much, but he probably did.