Chapter 9: Big News

Chapter 9: Big News [Not Edited]

I opened the door of my apartment to see James standing there, looking gorgeous as always. He was wearing a blue t-shirt that matched with his eyes and a pair of skinny jeans.

"Hey babe," he said, giving me a peck on the lips.

"Hi, er what is you wanted to talk about," I asked, trying not let my nervousness show in my voice.

I led him to our pitiful excuse of a lounge room and sat down before giving Georgia a look that told her to leave.

"Hi James!" she said brightly, "I have to umm, go get some chocolate. We're all out of it!" she said with an awkward laugh and walked out the door.

"That was weird," James stated, while I nodded my head in agreement.

"Anyway, you sounded strange on the phone... is everything okay?" I questioned with concern.

"Well it's kind of important," he mumbled, and went quiet.

"If it's important you better spit it out now, because you're going to have to tell me sooner or later," I said firmly. Had he been cheating on me?

"You know how I've been doing part-time modelling?" he said, "I got offered a 6 month contract for BELLE."

"That's amazing James!" I yelled, giving him a hug. BELLE was an extremely famous magazine. "I'm so proud of you."

He gave me a small smile and I released my arms from around him.

"What's the problem? You're going to be in one of my favourite magazines." I frowned.

"They need me to move to Brazil," he said, his voice cracking.

"Wh-What?" I stammered.

James can't move to Brazil! He belongs here, with me. I didn't know what I would do without him. If he's as dedicated to our relationship as I am then he won't just dump me, right? But long-distance relationships never work.

"It's only for 6 months," he replied quickly, "We don't have to split up!"

"That's never going to work," I sighed in defeat, "I've tried it before with my ex back in Melbourne. When I moved here, we attempted to continue it. We both ended up cheating on each other."

"I love you, you love me. You wouldn't do that to me, would you?" he pleaded, his eyes meeting mine.

"I loved him too. You don't plan for it, but anything can happen in the spur of the moment. I know how much you love me, and I feel the same. I just don't think I can deal with a long distance relationship," I confessed, waiting for him to say something. He didn't speak.

"I understand how hard this is for you, but it's hard for me too. How about this: If you come back from Brazil and we still feel the same, then we continue where we left off?" I finished.

The twinkle left his eyes and his lips curled downwards, making him look like a lost puppy. I was going to miss him so much.

"Just one more thing," he whispered sadly.

His lips crashed onto mine and I felt electricity shoot through my body. His lips were pressed tightly to mine and one hand was cupping my cheek, the other wrapped around my waist. This kiss had urgency that I had never felt before. I could feel the passion, and this left me craving more. He pushed his tongue to my lips, begging for entrance, and I willingly opened my mouth. I explored his mouth with my tongue and he copied me. He slowly started kissing down my neck and I felt his hands travel lower by the second. I was going to truly miss him, but this wasn't helping anything.

I took a step back from him but he just followed me, obviously not getting the hint.

"Stop!" I commanded, pushing him away, as he gave me a confused look.

"Why?" he whined, "I don't leave 'til next week. Can't we continue what we have until then?"

"It'll just make it harder than it already is," I said, deeply upset, "I think you should go now."

He hung his head and made his way to the door.

"I love you babe," he said sadly, his vibrant blue eyes meeting my pale blue ones, "See you in six months."

He shut the door with a sad smile and I ran to my bed, bursting into sobs.

---

When I woke up the next morning, I felt just as crappy. Now there was not one, but four reasons I wanted to lie in bed forever.

1) James broke up with me.

2) I looked like a panda. Black mascara from yesterday had rubbed all over my eyes, leaving black circles which contrasted with my pale skin...well...yikes.

3) Georgia had spent half the night, begging me to open up the door, but I had locked it and refused to let her in. I was in too bad a mood, so today I was resigned to telling her about the break up. Such fun. Not.

4) It was Monday. Everyone hates Monday's. Enough said.

After ten minutes of convincing myself to get up I finally dragged myself to the shower, and fixed myself up a bit. I still felt just as bad inside, but at least I didn't look it. I checked my phone for the time which read 9:30. Shit, I was going to be late.

---

Fortunately my teacher hadn't noticed me sneaking into the back of the class. Today we were supposed to have Mr Michaels, who was my favourite teacher, but he was on his honeymoon so we ended up with (you guessed it) Mr Evans.

I actually made it through this class without taking a nap however, because Mr Michaels had left set work that Mr Evans gave us, just with half the enthusiasm. Monday was the longest class, and we didn't get out until 2:30. When I finally got out, I was hit directly with a beam of sunlight. Aaaah, I love summer.

"BROOKLYN!"

There was no-one in sight except for a couple making out on a bench, a weird looking man in a dark coat and a group of girly teens stuck in an intense conversation about American Idol (from what I could hear. Which was pretty much everything because they were talking so loud).

"Brooklyn," the voice whispered again. It was the man in the coat. He beckoned me over. I walked over carefully, ready to make a break for it - I didn't know this guy!

"It's me Shai!" she whispered, giggling, as she pulled down her shades.

"That is possibly the lamest disguise ever!" I laughed, "What were you thinking? And what are you doing here, anyway?"

"Well firstly, you didn't know it was me, so it wasn't the lamest disguise ever. Secondly, I was wondering if you wanted to catch up with me and the guys. I didn't have your number."

"Doesn't Miles have it?" I asked.

"He got his phone stolen," she said, "Now come with me!"

Question: What was your best halloween costume? Mine are always pretty average, living in Australia and all.

twintales x

VOTE COMMENT FOLLOW