Chapter 16 (Part 2): The Dinner Party

This chapter and the rest of the story portray Keleigh Sperry in a really bad light. She’s probably a super nice person in real life but I need to her to be horrible so the story will work. Don’t hate.

The only word I could use to describe the current situation was AWKWARD.

We all sat around the super long table, and it was full - maybe it’s not so pointless after all. Of course, I had terrible luck which forced me in the middle of Miles and Zac. Things were chill with Miles, but both of them together just made me want to shrivel up and die. Miles sat opposite Keleigh, while I sat opposite Shai, who was sitting next to Theo. Mike was down the other end of the table.

When Keleigh had first walked in to the apartment, nobody had uttered a word; everyone was silent. I assumed it was because either:

a) A few of the people knew about the situation and sensed the tension

b) She was drop dead gorgeous.

Her brown hair fell in perfect waves and her flawless tan made me self-conscious. Yes, I looked tan, but it was 100% fake. I used it because my skin looked porcelain. Her lips were a bold red and her black & white dress was so short that if she sat down we would all see her panties.

What a slut. She would have been really pretty other than the dress. I saw Miles cringe at her choice of clothing. I was surprised he wasn’t ogling her like most of the other guys, but I guess if you put up with people like her for long enough you realise how irritating it gets. If he was her real boyfriend he would probably be lending her some pants to stop all the guys staring.

“Hey bæ,” she said, pecking him on the cheek.

Really? I mean, can you get any more mainstream? Miles obviously thought the same.

“That’s new,” he muttered.

“It’s what everyone says now,” she explained.

Uh, no bitch. Not everyone says that.

---

“Who are you?” Keleigh hissed, at the dining table.

 She hadn’t even noticed me before. I came in here with an open mind, but as soon as I saw that she dressed like a slut, it closed. They’re all the same. She obviously only realised I was here when I started talking to Miles.

“I’m Brooklyn,” I said cheerily, “Nice to meet you.”

“Whatever,” she rolled her eyes, “I assume you know me.”

Self-conceited much?

“Yeah, your Miles’ girlfriend, Keleigh,” I replied.

“So what are you doing here?” she eyed me suspiciously.

“I’m friend with Miles, Zac, Theo, Shai and Mike,” I said, before frowning at her.

The guys and Shai were all watching our conversation and I could tell they were surprised at how blunt (or rude, in my opinion) she was being.

“I’m actually dating her,” Zac confirmed. I smiled at the fact he didn’t have a problem telling people. That smile quickly faded though.

“Really?” she snorted, “You’re dating him?”

“Is there a problem?” I retorted.

“I think that’s enough don’t you, Keleigh?” Miles snapped, giving her a cold look. The comment came a little late, but it was still appreciated.

“Whatever floats your boat,” she muttered, before going back to pushing her food around her plate.

I get that models have to stay skinny, but if you don’t eat at all won’t you just die? I had a really good metabolism, so I was lucky, but maybe she didn’t? I really had to stop being so judgemental.

We all went back to eating dinner, but I stayed quiet, listening to the chatter that filled the air. It was mainly Theo and Zac bickering over some band, but I wasn’t really paying attention. Then Zac abruptly stood up.

“Where are you going?” I questioned.

“I have a meeting with my publicist. She said I might have a new movie coming up!” he said excitedly.

“Have fun,” I smiled.

“I’ll see you soon babe,” he grinned, kissing me on the cheek, “Sorry I have to go.”

---

At quarter to nine almost everyone had gone. I would have left by now but Shai begged me to stay because she couldn’t handle being the only girl apart from Keleigh. You guessed it, she was helping us ‘clean up’ too. (Not that she actually helped. She just went around bugging the rest of us.) Nobody had asked her to stay, but did that stop her? Of course not.

She eventually went to the bathroom and I got a chance to talk to Miles.

“She’s high maintenance, huh?” I rolled my eyes, as he washed and I dried the dishes.

He snorted, “The sad thing is, that’s a very nice way of putting it.”

“So are you going to keep dating her?” I asked, curious as to where this was going.

“Hopefully not for long. I promised my manager I would stick with her for another two weeks though. Luckily, we’re both busy a lot of the time.”

“That’s cool,” I said, before bursting out into a fit of giggles (Yes, giggling sounded typically girly. Sue me.)

“You’ve got bubbles on your nose,” I chuckled.

“Where?” he said frantically, rubbing the wrong part of his nose, “That would be Mike’s fault. He completely tipped half a container of washing detergent in here.”

It made no sense to me. They lived in a penthouse apartment in NYC yet they couldn’t afford a dishwasher?

“Got it,” I laughed, wiping the bubbles off his nose.

Then there was silence. I stood there, staring up at him who was only inches away from me. We moved closer an-

“What the actual fuck?” screeched a high pitched voice, “Were you going to kiss her?”

We turned around to face an enraged Keleigh who was almost frothing at the mouth. I had no clue how we were going to get ourselves out of this one.

Author’s Note

Soz for the late update, I have a lot of stuff going on right now. You’re all going to kill me if I don’t update soon after this cliffhanger, so I’ll try update ASAP.

Hugs & kisses,

twintales (not edited)

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW