Chapter 14: A Night To Remember

 “Georgia, you have no idea how much I love you for this,” I beamed, taking in my appearance. Zac had said to dress casual, so Georgia had helped me choose a baby pink top with spaghetti straps and denim shorts with wedges. Pretty, but not dressy.

I still had no idea where we were headed but I hoped it was reasonably quiet. I did not want this date to be interrupted by crazy fans and the paps.

“You’ll love me more after this date goes perfectly,” said Georgia, before sending me a sly smile.

“Speaking of dates, how’s it going with Ansel? Has he asked you out?”

This, as expected, caused her to blush furiously, “Um-uh-nah, I don’t think he likes me like that.”

“And the earth is square,” I mocked, “Now we’ve finished lying for today, tell me: how often do you talk to him?”

“A lot,” she admitted, “I still can’t believe I actually know him! Do y-“

She was cut off by the sound of a door ringing.

“Don’t have a party without me or they’ll be trouble when I get back,” I threatened heading towards the door, “Maybe we can double date next time!”

“Imagine that! Ansel, you, Miles and- wait I mean Zac.” She faltered.

I shot her a glare that told her to shut up. After Shai had told me that he wasn’t actually dating Keleigh, I had freaked. I had been a total jerk, and even though I was usually confident, the thought of apologising to him made me shiver. We had a really rocky relationship; hopefully not the kind I was about to have with Zac. Miles and I did have some issues we needed to sort out, but I would deal with them later.

“I’m gonna go now,” I finished, before opening the door to Zac.

“Hey,” he smiled, “It’s good to finally see where you live.”

“Sure,” I scoffed, “This is so much better than your place.”

“You better believe it,” he chuckled, “I brought you these.”

He held out a beautiful bouquet of roses and awkwardly scratched his neck. Aw, he was trying to be sweet. It was pretty adorable and not anything like the usual cool persona he put on.

“Thank you so much,” I smiled, “I can’t wait for this da- is this a date?”

If he said no I swear I was going to kill myself for being such an idiot.

“Sure,” he said, “At least, I hope so.”

---

Since we had driven in a car with tinted windows, I was unable to tell which way we had gone and was happily surprised when we pulled up at a small, deserted park on the outer edge of the city. The sun was setting over Manhattan and the sight was beautiful – not one I usually took the time to admire.

“So Zac, where are we headed?” I questioned when he took my hand and led me through the park.

“You’ll have to wait to find out,” he smirked and I rolled my eyes.

“That’s what they always say,” I groaned, “I just hope it’s somewhere with food.”

He laughed and replied “Always? How many dates have you been on that now it’s become a stereotypical thing?”

I could tell he was joking and I playfully hit his arm.

“Here we are,” he said, “I hope you like it.”

Laid out in the middle of the park was a picnic rug with an abundance of different foods to choose from. Being the sweet tooth I am, my eyes went straight to the chocolate covered strawberries. It was an amazing gesture and I thanked Zac before sitting down and starting on the feast.

“Sooooo,” I dragged out, after we had almost finished eating everything (and there was a lot, so that's saying something), “You can’t have done this by yourself, who helped you out?”

After I had said it, it hit me that it probably wasn’t the nicest thing to say, but he wasn’t fazed by it and gave me a sheepish grin.

“Theo,” he admitted, “We both set it up together but he finished while I went to pick you up.”

“It is magnifique,” I smiled, “I have no idea how you knew that chocolate dipped strawberries were my favourite food."

“Shai might have told me,” he laughed, before looking me in the eye, “I had a great night Brooklyn.”

Our close proximity made my heart beat crazily, and this time it was me who instigated the kiss. Fortunately, we weren’t interrupted like last time.

My hands were looped round Zac’s neck while his were firmly planted on my waist. It started slowly, but I was craving more and I could tell Zac felt the same. He hungrily licked my bottom lip, asking for entrance and I opened my mouth wanting to taste more of him. His kisses were dominant, and I could taste his ever-minty breath.

“Wow,” I panted, when he finally pulled back, “That was just, wow.”

There was undoubtedly powerful chemistry between the two of us.

---

“It was definitely a night to remember,” I told Shai later that night.

“Sounds awesome,” she replied, after I finished my story “Sorry to be a buzz-kill but have you talked to Miles yet? It’s been a week.”

“You sound like Georgia,” I groaned, “I don’t even know what I’d say if I called him.”

“Try saying sorry,” Shai put in (not) helpfully, “Or would it be easier if I just called him? Miles!”

“Shai! What the hell are you doing? Don’t get him!” I yelled through the phone.

“I’m in their apartment Brooklyn. And he’s coming now anyway, you’ll do fine!”

“Hello?” a confused voice said through the phone, “Who is this?”

I was going to kill her later but for now I’d just have to pretend like nothing was wrong.

“Uh, hey Miles,” I started awkwardly, “How are you?”

“Brooke?” he said, in a surprised voice, “I’ve been meaning to talk to you but I thought you were still pissed at me.”

“Well, Shai told me everything, and I just wanted to say I’m really sorry for being a bitch.” I confessed.

“That’s okay. I would have acted the same with only half the story. Friends?” Miles asked.

“Friends,” I confirmed.

“Are you doing anything tomorrow night?” Miles asked hopefully.

“Nup. I’m free all Saturday evening.” I replied, before realising how inappropriate that sounded. I really needed to start thinking before I spoke.

“Do you want to see 22 Jump Street?” he asked.

“Sure,” I grinned, before realising that I was smiling at a phone, “I’ll meet you at your place at 8. You better give Shai her phone back now before she thinks you’ve gone through all of her and Theo’s messages.”

“Ooh, good idea,” Miles laughed, “See you tomorrow!

 Author's Note

Not a long Author's note this time. Sorry it took me a week to update, I don't have any excuses except for lack of creativity.

10 VOTES FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER! I have already written it, but won't be updating it until I hit 10 votes. Hint: All of you on #TeamMiles will really enjoy it!

Thanks for sticking with this not-so-brillant story,

twintales :)

VOTE COMMENT FOLLOW

Tweet me @elisewilliams61 and tell me whether you're on #TeamMiles or #TeamZac