Chapter 15: A Turn For The Silliest

"We're just friends," I assured Shai and she rolled her eyes before returning to painting her nails.

"He asked you out. You said yes. It's a date. Friends don't go on dates," she finished smugly, "I don't care what you say, I think you are into Miles."

"And you're such a relationship guru yourself," I mocked, "We are going out but just as friends. And why would I be into Miles after such a mind-blowing kiss with Zac yesterday?"

"It is possible to like more than one person at once," she said, "And by the way, if you want to see Miles at all today I would recommend getting upstairs now. You were due there 5 minutes ago."

"Shit," I cursed, "My toenails aren't dry, I can't put shoes on."

"Just grab them and run upstairs?" she suggested.

I took her advice and grabbed my ankle boots before sprinting to the elevator. 

"Hi," I panted, when Theo opened the door. Miles was in the kitchen attempting to throw a Malteser in the air and catch it in his mouth. Mike was laughing and clapping but Zac was nowhere to be seen, which was probably a good thing. I wouldn't want Zac to assume to the worst.

"Hey Brooke," Miles grinned, "You're here early."

"Actually I'm kind of late," I replied, pushing my semi-dry feet into my shoes, "My toenails were drying. It's quarter past."

"Damn! We have to go now, or we're gonna miss the movie. C'mon!" he rushed, sliding on some flip-flops. He grabbed my hand and we raced out of the suite, only to realise that the lift was on the ground floor. Brilliant.

"We'll just have to take the stairs," he groaned, obviously noticing the same thing.

Five minutes later we were rushing through the front of the building, sweaty and exhausted. Then I noticed that we were still holding hands so I quickly let go; I didn't want Miles to get the wrong idea.

"Taxi!" Miles yelled like a crazy person, sticking his hand out onto the road.

The car journey was quite distressing because there was a lot of traffic and we were still both panting from god knows how many flights of stairs we went down. Miles paid the cab driver and we were inside the ticket office by 8:40. 

"Two tickets to the 8:45 showing of 22 Jump Street," Miles stated, happy that we'd made it on time.

"I'm sorry but that showing has been fully booked. Can I interest you in the 8:45 showing of Blended?" she drawled. Stupid, gum-chewing, lazy ass teenager. Personally, I would rather die than sit through two hours of Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore - possibly my least favourite people on the planet.

"Ugh, I'm sorry Brooke but I can't stand Drew Barrymore," he apologised, "Unless you really want to see it?"

"I'm on the same page as you there," I agreed, "We'll find something else to do."

And that's how I found myself at a dodgy-looking, run down basketball court at 10pm. 

"You're not a bad shot Teller," I complimented, as he sunk a basket, "But I think I could beat you."

He sniggered, "I may not be the best basketball player but I'm pretty sure I could beat you."

I shot him a glare.

"You don't exactly look someone who plays basketball," he admitted, "You're tall, but not like strongly built."

"I don't know what you are insinuating but I guarentee you that I am a better player," I confirmed, snatching the ball from him and dribbling up to the 3 point line.

"Fine. Lets play 1 on 1," he smirked, "Loser buys dessert."

"Sounds good," I smiled, before watching his expression change when my 3 pointer dropped through the ring.

---

After twenty minutes of an intense 1v1 match the score was even. It was obvious that I was a better player, although his height and weight gave him a strong advantage because he managed to get 90% of the rebounds.

In the last few minutes the game had taken a turn for the silliest, with Miles travelling up the court and me constantly fouling him, snatching the ball and taking random shots.

So when he wrapped his arms around my abdomen to stop me doing a lay-up, I thought nothing of it. I was having too good a time to care, and we were both busy laughing. 

Until he spun me around and kissed me.

I melted under his grasp. It was slow, but passionate, and my hands quickly met his face closing the gap between us. It was beautiful, and just how I imagined the perfect kiss would be.

Then I realised what I was doing. I quickly pulled away and started pacing up and down the court. What the fuck was wrong with me? I knew what I was doing was wrong, bad and a terrible decision.

But that didn't stop me running back to him and kissing him all over again.

"Brooke," Miles murmured, momentarily breaking lip contact, "I love kissing you, but please explain why you have such a guilty look on your face. It's starting to freak me out."

Busted.

I let out a nervous, jittery laugh, "Hahaha, um, well, you see, I may or may not have gone on a date with Zac yesterday."

"Fuck," he moaned, running his hands through his hair, "Why didn't you tell me? Why didn't anybody tell me!"

Now he was the one pacing down the court, "Zac is gonna flip! How am I supposed to tell him this? How are we supposed to tell him this?"

"It was one date Miles, calm down," I said, "It's not like he's my boyfriend or anything! Techincally, we could actually go out if you wanted too."

"So we don't tell him?" he questioned.

"It's probably for the best," I agreed, "It's getting late, we should leave this place soon before the druggos arrive. You owe me frozen yoghurt."

He grinned, "I definitely should have won, but I'll give it to you this time."

Author's Note 

So I realised that most of you are on #TeamMiles and that it was about time there was a little Milelyn action.

Also, please don't leave comments telling me to update when you haven't even voted for the chapter. Especially when I specified '10 votes for the next update'. Obviously that was never going to happen, so here it is anyway.

-twintales