Chapter 12: Mr Delicious

Chapter 12: Mr Delicious [Not Edited]

It had been a week since that extremely awkward incident involving Miles, Zac and the kiss. I'd been texting Zac all week but I hadn't spoken to Miles. I think he's still pretty angry at me. I hadn't had much time to focus on friends this week because my evil teacher had given me heaps of work, I'd almost finished though and I was planning to have a lazy Saturday afternoon. 

---

I went over my essay one last time and let out a sigh of relief; I was finally finished. 

"Georgia!" I called out, "I'm finished, do you want to have a movie night?"

"Sure," she beamed, her head poking out from around the corner, "I thought you'd never ask. I'm dressed decent so I'll go rent some movies. You want the latest chick flicks?"

"Of course," I grinned, "What else. I'll get the tv started up.

Our television, like our apartment, was old and falling apart so it would take a good five minutes to boot up properly. Just as Georgia left my phone let out a ding. I went over to check, assuming it Zac. I had definitely gotten to know him better this last week and he was really sweet. We'd both been busy so our date hadn't gone ahead YET, but it was scheduled for tomorrow! When I saw that the text was from Miles, I was shocked.

MILES: 'Hey Brooke, I'm really sorry about everything. Can I make it up to you? x'

Proper punctuation in a text - that's something I hadn't seen in a while, he must actually feel bad. I didn't really mind when Miles called me Brooke, because it seemed more natural rolling off his tongue than Brooklyn. Honestly, even though I missed him, I was kind of pissed at his reaction seeing me kiss Zac. He had a flipping girlfriend for god's sake! He had no right to be as angry as he was. I texted back:

ME: 'Good 2 finally hear from u. Go ahead & make it up 2 me :D'

He replyed almost instantly:

MILES: 'Dinner tonite??'

Crap, he was gonna ruin my movie night with Georgia! I couldn't do it tomorrow though because of my date with Zac, and weeknights were usually quite jam-packed. I could invite Georgia along, but I'd have to check with him first. 

ME: 'sounds ok, but i had sumthing planned with georgia, mind if she tags along?'

This response took a little longer:

MILES: 'yeh thats fine, ill bring a friend 2. Firenzo’s at 7?'

ME: 'awesome, c u there :)'

Firenzo’s was a small restaurant, but it had amazing food and a good vibe. At 6:50, Georgia and I found ourselves on the sidewalk, about a block away from Firenzo’s. She seemed annoyed that I had ruined our movie night, but excited at the same time; she had only met Miles once and was ecstatic she got to see him again.

‘Hey girls!’ Miles yelled from almost twenty metres away. We sped up our pace and went to meet him and his friend.

‘Brooke,’ he smiled, pulling me into a hug, ‘And Georgia, if I’m correct?’

‘You’re correct,’ she said shyly, colour tinting her cheeks. She was obviously not used to celebrities yet. Oh, who am I kidding, neither am I!

‘This is Ansel, he was in Divergent with me and The Fault in Our Stars with Shai.’ Miles introduced him.

‘It’s great to meet you, I’m Brooklyn’ I said, trying to hide my excitement of meeting another one of Miles’ celebrity friends, ‘I actually saw The Fault in Our Stars the other day. You literally had me in tears.’

‘It’s awesome to meet you Brooklyn, Miles won’t stop talking about you,’ he grinned lopsidedly before turning to Georgia.

Now is probably a good time to mention that Georgia has this massive thing for Ansel Elgort. Living with my friends and their stupid obsessions is tough, and with Georgia around I had been forced to call him a number of names including Hottie, Sex-God, and most embarrassingly, Mr Delicious. Now would not be a good time to slip up and call him one of those names. In Georgia’s defence though, Ansel was ridiculously attractive; his light brown hair, warm eyes and lopsided grin made him look super cute. He had modelled for Vogue, according to Georgia, but I’m not sure how true that is because when things come to Ansel she seems to be a little unrealistic, like all the planning of their future wedding she did last month.

‘Hey,’ he said to Georgia, ‘I’m Ansel.’

Georgia smiled timidly, ‘I know, I can’t believe I’m actually meeting you!’ She let out a jittery laugh and blushed instantly.

Fortunately, Ansel had the sense not to say anything mean, ‘I can’t believe I’m meeting such a pretty girl either.’

By this point, Georgia was a such a dark shade of red even the night couldn’t hide it. Miles and I shared a knowing look at Ansel’s cheesy flirting.

‘Let’s go eat,’ Miles said, ‘We don’t want to be late for our reservations.’

‘Okay,’ said Ansel.

This caused Georgia and I to burst into hysterical laughter. Ansel and Miles just looked at each other like we were insane.

‘What?’ they asked in unison.

‘You cannot expect us not to laugh every time you say ‘okay’’ Georgia said to Ansel. It looked like someone had got their confidence back.

‘Oh right, sorry about that,’ Ansel said sheepishly.

‘Let’s go in now, I’m getting hungry,’ Miles whined.

‘Okay,’ Georgia giggled, ‘C’mon!’

She dragged Ansel in, and they walked in together in front of Miles and I. We were in for an interesting night.

Question: Favourite meal to order when you go out? Mine is steak.

twintales x

VOTE COMMENT FOLLOW