Chapter Two

*Edited* Not proofread*

Chapter 2– A please would be nice:

        The rays of the streetlights filter through the gap between the closed curtains hanging in front of my bedroom window. I've already been awake for about an hour now, however the birds have only just began to chirp and the streetlamps are turning on as Raven Hollow waits for the sun to rise.

         I try to bury myself underneath the covers, not wanting to admit that it's time I got out of bed and start my busy day. If the people of this town are anything like those fucking idiots I'd met yesterday, then I don't want to deal with any of them at all.

        However I finally decide to get myself up once I feel Rey army crawling his way up my bed. I glare at the mutt distastefully, my annoyance growing as he gets closer and closer to my face. He has gotten awfully friendly since the day I found him by the trash cans in an alley-way back in Brooklyn.

        "Piss off," I grit through clenched teeth as his snout nudges my jaw, opening my mouth as little as possible when his tongue darts out to licking my nose. "You breath fucking stinks. Brush your teeth." I give his blue merle coat a light tug as I try to move him away from me so I can start getingt ready.

Although it's only half past five in the morning, I have a lot of things to do, despite not looking forward to it. Rey needs to be walked, my car has to be dropped of at the auto shop, I need to attend my appointment at the high school for my enrolment, I'm in desperate need of some new clothes and other essentials I'd forgotten to pick up yesterday, and I also have to find a suitable gym I can train at.

        I barely even glance at my clothes as I yank them off the hangers and lazily tug them on. I don't give a shit about what I look like. I'm not looking for anyone's approval like the other humans seem to.

        I trudge over to the bathroom across the hall and brush my teeth with strawberry-flavoured toothpaste that had been surprisingly hard to find. I wash my face and scrub my hands until they were red raw before heading downstairs, Rey trailing along behind me as usual. My boots are easy to slip on and I have my leather jacket over my shoulders in no time, successfully covering the gun in the waistband of my black sweatpants.

        Blindly grabbing Rey's lead, I whistle for him to hurry up as I walk out the front door. That dog has become a real fucking inconvenience in my life, but he's way too attached to me, so I doubt he would be leaving any time soon.

        As I walk silently down the pavement, I try to take in as much of my surroundings as I can. Now that I think about it, it isn't all too small around here. It's actually quite big for a hole-in-the-wall town. The name Raven Hollow makes it sound dark and mysterious, but in actuality, it's not. The place looks like it's been frozen in time; that time being the seventies— from what I had seen in a few movies I'd watched out of pure boredom.

        There are diners and drive-in theatres, old cafes and little boutique stores. The only thing that is up-to-date and modern is the high school and some of the houses on certain roads. I'd never been to a place like this before. I normally stick to living in cities as there are a lot more people who reside there with many more places to hide. I can't say the idea to move here was a bad one, though. It's probably better to live in a smaller, hidden town.

        By the time I get back from walking Rey, it's ten past six, leaving me an hour and twenty minutes to spare. I don't have much to do instead of aimlessly walking around the house, touching and moving things that don't need to be touched or moved, so I decide to leave early and force myself to get something to eat.