Chapter Twenty-Two

*Not edited* Not proofread*

Chapter 22— I need your help:

        All I wanted this year was peace and quiet. I wanted to get through the last year of high school and move on to the next stage. Of course I doubt that it'll be any different. I'll still be the same person, in the same predicament, moving town, or even state, every few months. I'm aware I'll still face the same problems and will still have no fucking solution.

        But it's a new stage nonetheless.

        However, I don't get the peace and quiet I was hoping for. Of course fucking not. One would think in a small town like Raven Hollow, peace and quiet was all you were going to get.

        ...Apparently the fuck not.

        "What the fuck are you doing here, Landon?" I ask calmly as I throw a pack of ice at his face. The bag is already open so a few blocks of the frozen water fall onto his lap and slide across the floor. I don't bother about the mess seeing as Rey has already started to clean it up.

        Landon hisses as he holds the ice to his cheek. The bruise hasn't started to form yet, but it would do in a few hours time. "You hit like a man."

        "And you whine like a bitch," I snap. "Start fucking talking."

        I fold my arms as I stand on the opposite side of the kitchen counter across from Landon who's sitting on one of the stools. His dark hair is dishevelled, no gel or any other product seem to be styling the strands of black together as they hang messily across his forehead. I raise an eyebrow at him as my feet tap impatiently on the floor and grit my teeth.

        "If you don't hurry the fuck up, Landon, you're going to be needing more bags of ice," I threaten after a few seconds of his reluctance. He's obviously here for a reason, yet he's hesitating to tell me why. Whatever it is he's here for, though, I'm going to find out about anyway; his stalling is going to get him nothing but another fucking bruise on his face.

        Landon grunts again. "Have you noticed that you curse a lot?" He asks, trying to not-so-subtly change the subject. It isn't working.

        "Is pointing out the obvious something you'd like to do in the future? Because you're really fucking good at it."

        "Was that a compliment, doll?" His smirk returns to his face although it looks pained and he winced. I got him good, I note to myself. Serves him fucking right.

        I don't know Landon much. Shit, I don't know any of them 'much'. But he's the one I speak to the least, alongside Gray. I don't know anything about him. Unlike Lilah who's an open book, and Zeke who's non-stop fucking talking, Landon never says much about himself. Even Dakota has shared some information regarding his life, and Gray, although never tells me specifically what his interest are, is always talking about cars and motorbikes, giving me an idea about what kind of person he is.

        Landon, however? Nothing.

        He never spoke about what he liked or disliked. He never spoke about his home-life or his family. He never spoke about things he did when he was younger or shared any good memories. The only talking he did was when he would chip into an ongoing conversation between the rest of the group —excluding myself— or when he asked someone a question.