Chapter 2: Journey to the Capital

As the carriage moves towards the capital I sit by the side of the captain with Chris.
"Im pretty sure you already been told before but let me say it again, you two posses massive mana pools."
""!?""
Me and Chris were both shocked by this fact.
"Judging by the looks on your faces I guess you haven't been told, well the issue is you Maescia has aptitude for the rare attributes of Darkness making you a rare attribute user and you Chris has the aptitude for the four basic elements making you a quad mage." (Herald)
"No way...." (Maescia)
"Seriously....?" (Chris)
"Leaving aside Chris, You Jou-chan has the element of darkness and as you already know the darkness element is the element of the races the Dark Goddess,Fay created. People would probably discriminate against you since you hold the element of the enemy races." (Herald)

Long ago the Chief God Stickros wanted to create a world to do so he created his kin the Gods he created 8 Gods and these Gods along with himself created the world along with the races.

The Dark Goddess, Fay and the Light Goddess,Faith created the Day and Night they are the two poles that hold the balance of the world both of them created their Races.
The Dark Goddess,Fay created the Fallen Angels ,Demon Race ,Vampires , Dark Elves  ,Ghouls ,etc.  which they began called the Dark Races
The Light Goddess,Faith created the Angels, Humans , Faeries ,Holy Spirits etc.. They are called the Light Races

The Guardian gods
Dragon God, Ordos created the Dragon Race. And
Beast God Welfein  created  Beastman Races and the different beasts that people can use as livestock.
They are the Gods that Created Beasts and Dragons and said to be the Guardians of the Gods.

The Four base elements created the land,sea, and was melted together with the Flames of Ragnarok
The Fire God Ragnarok created the Firefox and the Phoenix Races
The Water God Aqua created the sea and its Races.
The Mother Earth Goddess, Terra created the dryads and Ents and the Earth and Nature.
The Wind Goddess,Sera created the skys the atmosphere and the birds that inhabit the sky and the Flugel Race.

The Light and Dark Goddesses have been at war with each other the reason being they want Stickros to themselves sothey began their dispute but the Chief God has prohibited them from fighting each other so in place of them their creations were the ones who do their fighting so it reached a situation where Light Races and Dark Races which is their representatives harbor resentment against each other.

"Yeah I am aware of that." (Maescia)
"Don't worry Mae! I wont resent you!" (Chris)
"Good them you should prepare yourself,well seeing how you two are good friends I guess you would be fine." (Herald)
With their words I smile at how lucky I am.After our talk with the captain he left to talk to a soldier a female Magician then went to talk to us.

"How you two holding up?" (?)
"Oh Sylph-sama!" (Chris)
This is Sylph Liesfield a noble from an Duke Family with a strong lineage of magicians although we are commoners she talks to us just like a normal person,She is also apparently one of the Shiina 21 Sorcerers that protect our country.

Aside from the Shiina 21 Sorcerers there are also the 8 Blades of Shiina and the Black Knight that protect our country.
What shocked me is that Herald-san was one of the 8 Blades of Shiina Kingdom.

"So what bring you have Sylph-sama?" (Maescia)
"I wanted to invite you two to be my disciples" (Sylph)
""Disciples?"" (Maescia and Chris)
"What are Disciples?" (Chris)
"Well magicians can be trained in two ways .They can either go to the national academy of their country or study under another magician people can do both but most magicians go to the academy since not many magicians like to take disciples." (Sylph)
"But why would you want us as your Disciples?" (Maescia)
"Why wouldn't I? , Chris is a quad magician possessing the 4 base elements and you,Maescia possess the rare Darkness element" (Sylph)
"So you basically want to take us to increase the power of your house?" (Maescia)
"Well thats one of the reasons,but I like you both as well. And there are other benefits to being my the disciple of one of the Shiina 21 sorcerers. So how about it?"(Sylph)
"Well thats a tempting offer...what do you think Chris?" (Maescia)
"We got nothing to lose plus we will be able to learn from one of the best Sorcerers in the country." (Chris)
"I guess....." (Maescia)
"Well I'll give you two time to think about this later but regardless of your answer do you want me to train you as we are on this journey back to the capital?" (Sylph)
"Is it alright?" (Chris)
"Well this might help you decide if you would want to be my disciples." (Sylph)
"So thats your aim?" (Maescia)
"Haha of course well lets start after eating lunch" (Sylph)
""Yes!""

After that lunch was prepared from the game of the knights(game=hunted food) and we ate lunch with the knights and it turns out they were all nice to us.after eating lunch we with Sylph-sama gone to the open field near the camp.

"First what is magic?" (Sylph)
"Magic is the phenomenon that happens when a magician use their mana to bend the laws of reality to create what we call magic" (Maescia)
"Good answer, but how do you know it?"
To her question I just tilt my head,For some reason the answer came to me as natural as breathing as If learned about it before.

"Well leaving that aside as Maescia said mana is used to bend the laws of reality this results in what we call [magic], Magic has 4 basic elements Fire,Earth,Wind, and Water these four were granted to human beings by the four elemental Gods these Gods although we are not their creation have blessed us with their Power. These four elements balance and counters each other. (Sylph)

In the human countries the Goddess, Faith wasn't the only one humans worship they also worship the four base Gods as they bless other creations with their power indiscriminately unlike the two pole Gods who rarely give out their powers to individuals.

"There are also the two rare elements of light and darkness and the compound elements, these rarely appears and they can unbalance the other elements depending on the element another rare thing is to have more than one of the base elements these give birth to new elements such as Ice and Lightning." (Sylph)

"I will now show you magic, Light come forth and purify those who goes against thee! , Holy Smite!" (Sylph)
As Sylph-sama invoke magic light poured down from the sky and the field in front has a huge hole.
"Amazing! " (Maescia)
"Wha-" (Chris)
But before we can say anything else ,Suddenly from the distance we heard a scream.
"AAHHHH!!!!!!" (?)
We turn to look a see a huge creature like a snake with jade scales in the distance.
"Its a Basilisk!" (Sylph)