Chapter 14: The Afterschool Match

School has just finished it was now afternoon during afternoon students would go to their various clubs and do after school activities. Im currently with Lucie-san and the others heading to the training room in the school.Along the way there I remembered our talk before we head out.

"So whats the plan?" (Maescia)

"Do we really need a plan to beat them?" (Chris)

"Well seeing their strength theres no way we could lose but carelessness is a mistake we shouldn't do If possible." (Lucifer)

"Eto.. how did you guys know their strength just looking once?" (Elaine)

"We used the skill [Appraisal] well you should probably use it as well." (Maescia)

"Eh?! How did you-" (Elaine)

Here eyes widened,she then topped in the middle of her words she has probably guessed how we know.

"That means.. you.." (Elaine)

"We are aware that you have the class and title [Saint] not like you need to hide it in front of us but you probably have too having just met us." (Lucifer)

"Well you can check our status if you want. Its not like we want to hide anything from our friend." (Chris)

After our conversation we told each other our various skills set and we formed a plan and battle formation.
In this world there are various roles in a party there is

the [Tank] who receives most of the damage of the opponent. Who's primary job is to protect allies from receiving damage as much as possible. (Class ex. Guardians,warriors,etc.)
The [Physical Carry-Ranged] who excels at dealing high physical damage from a distance. (Class ex. Archers,Gunslinger etc.)
The [Support] who excels at supporting allies in a battle with defensive, boosting, recovery,etc. skills they focus on utility type magic.  (Class ex. Enchanter,Healer etc.)
The [Magic Carry-Ranged] who excels at dealing high magic damage from a distance.(Class ex.Sorcerer,Mage)
The [Leader] who focuses on leading their team and does on-site command (any class)
The [Melee Carry] who excels at dealing physical or magic damage while close to the enemy. (Class ex. Swordsman,Assassin,Magic Knight,etc.)

In our party we have decided on our roles.
Lucie-san will be the [Leader] and [Melee Carry]
Me,Maescia will be the [Melee Carry] both of us will be doing the role of tank as well.
Chris will be the [Magic Carry-Ranged]
Elaine will the the [Support]

*Back to present*
We are now on our way to the training room. Once we arrived at the training room we saw Eliza there with her entourage they number over 20. Surveying the room we saw the Prince and a couple of other nobles at the audience area.

"The peasants have finally arrived." (Eliza)

"Typical weaklings banding together." (Lucifer)

Well seeing her bring over 20 people seems exaggerated well it will be over quickly anyway the numbers just add to the casualties though its not like we'll kill them.

After the trash talking we were divided by sides with them at the other side of us by the way the referee  is Celine-sensei.

"Are both teams ready?" (Celine)

She asks this with a worried look on her face. She is probably worrying about us.

"Yes were ready." (Lucifer)

"We don't need to be ready for these peasants." (Eliza)

"Ready! 3... 2...1....Battle Start!" (Celine)

As soon as the battle started the Eliza Team all chanted magic from different elements and fired at us. To counter that I
prepared my own magic.

"Darkness come forth, Become the shield that protect me from harm! , Black Shield!"

Unlike the other Elements the Dark Element has the ability called [Dark Matter] which has the ability to eat other elements this is one of the reasons why the Darkness Element has the advantage against the four basic elements but on the other hand its weak against the Light Element. Although [Dark Matter] is only limited to weaker or opponents of the same level if against a higher level type of opponent at the least they can block the attack at most it can nullify part of the attack.

As the shield of darkness formed and quickly blocked all the magic coming towards us.

"Wha-!" (Noble Girl 1)

"Impossible!" (Noble Girl 2)

Shocked faces showed in the faces of the noble girls well I guess thats justified Im probably the first person with the Darkness Element they faced seeing how rare it is.

"Now its our turn!" (Chris)

As Chris said that she quickly formed a magic formation  in front of her.

"Lightning Come Forth, Immobilize those who goes against me, Paralyze Stun!" (Chris)

Just like that they fall one by one, We were astonished at how fast we defeated them we were expecting to win but not this fast. It was rather anticlimactic.

Everyone from the audience area including the referee,Celine-sensei was surprised at how fast we won.
But Celine-sensei quickly recovered and announced the match result.

"Winner! Lucie,Maescia,Chris and Elaine Party!" (Celine)

With her words cheers and rounds of applause came from the audience area.