I'll Fight For You- Lams

Ugh I have so much homework due tomorrow but like its so much that I cant be bothered to do it. I mean, who wants to take notes on like 30 pages of the AP Psych book or write a fucking poem about food when they could be writing fanfiction and drawing and blackmailing schoolmates you barely know through Truth or Dare on Snapchat that somehow turned dirty?

Anyways here's a oneshot for y'all, idek what I wrote but here it is.
______________________

John sighed as he looked in the mirror. He tried to breath as he felt his maid tightening his corset. "You'll look beautiful Jean." she said.

Jean. Oh how he hated that name. He hated his name, his body, his life. He didn't want to have breasts or wear dresses. He wanted to be wearing pants and vests. He wanted to be John Laurens, not Jean Laurens.

"Jean come down here please." He heard his father call. John slipped into a red satin dress and walked downstairs to his father. "Ah Jean. There you are."

Henry held up a letter. "I've been summoned away to war. I leave tomorrow morning, at dawn. You'll be fine here with your siblings and the staff?" John bowed his head. "Yes Father."

His mind was racing. His father had been injured long ago, and although he was mostly healed, fighting may cause irritation and further worsen the injury. John left the room, still thinking. None of the children were old enough to take Henry's place.

John suddenly gasped. He had an idea. I...I could take my fathers place. I feel like a man, maybe this is my chance to be one, he thought.

That night, as the household slept, John snuck into his father's room and stole away his uniform. John returned to his room and began to bind his chest. He was lucky enough to be small, but it still took a little work to look flat. He slipped on the clothes, taking a moment to look at himself in the mirror.

He looked male. John smiled.

He grabbed the war summons and a gun, placing a flower in place of it. He mounted a horse, having already packed a bag and slung on a saddle, and rode off.

He arrived at the Revolutionary camp as the sun was beginning to warm the dew soaked ground. John, suddenly nervous, walked up to the sign up table. "Hi I'm uh John Laurens and I'm here to be in the army?"

John had always been lucky enough to have a deeper and slightly rougher voice than most other girls. The man sitting behind there looked him up and down. "Alright, you're in tent 4. Down the row, second to the left."

John nodded and walked to his tent. He entered the small space and looked around. There was a bed roll on one side, a few miscellaneous items in the middle and-

"Hi I'm Alex. And you are?"

There was young man laying on another bedroll. He had brown hair pulled up in a ponytail, and warm chocolate eyes. His skin was slightly tanned and he had a dusting of stubble over his chin. He held a quill and paper in his hands and looked at John with a smile.

"I uh I'm J-John. John Laurens." John was blushing slightly as he set his bag down on his bedroll.

"Nice to meet you John. I'm your tentmate or whatever they call it." John nodded. "Its nice to meet you too Alex."

"Mon ami! Where are you?" A French voice called out as the tent flap opened. A tall French guy with black hair pulled back into a bun-like ponytail burst into the tent. "Hello new guy I'm Marie Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert de Monteir, Marquis de Lafayette. Alex do you know where Hercules went?" He said rapidly.

"I umm hi?" John said, with his eyebrows raised. Alex laughed. "John it's okay. This is Lafayette. He'll be staying in our tent a lot and so will Hercules Mulligan. They're my closest friends. And no, I don't know where Hercules went." he said, directing the last sentence at the tall baguette.

"Great." John said. What have I gotten myself into this time?

____________________
So this is going to have a part two, but considering that my eyeballs actually hurt like a burning, stabbing hurt from lack of sleep and my brain is dieing from lack of sleep, I'll write it later.