SOULMATE AU- phan

You can taste what your soulmate is eating.

AND CAUSE IM A JERK, IM ADDING A SYNESTHESIA TWIST TO THIS

__________________
Dan was just leaving History class when a neon green and dark purple taste filled his mouth. His nose scrunched up as he walked. Honestly, he didn't get why his soulmate ate so many granola bars during school. After about three years of tasting them without actually eating them, granola bars had started making Dan sick.

He sucked air into his mouth to try to clear the taste but was without victory. Dan slumped against his locker and lightly hit his forehead on the cool metal, the soft yellow pain spreading on his skin.

"Soulmate problems?" PJ asked, probably recognizing the position after so many times. Dan shifted his eyes to look at his friend and nodded.

"So many granola bars! I get it! They are nutritional! But I don't want the damn Hulk theme painting my mouth all the time!"

PJ snorted in amusement. "Too bad Howell. Looks like you're an Avenger now."

Dan sighed and slammed his locker shut. The two of them started walking down the hallway.

"Its not even a good brand! It's got way too much rice and honey in it! And the chocolate has a very distinct color. Its a very rich purple. Combine that with the neon green of the rice grains soaked in honey and its the bloody Incredible Hulk!" Dan grumbled as they walked.

Suddenly, Dan was knocked backwards by a boy rushing down the hallway. "Oh I'm sorry." The boy said, before running off in a flash of blue eyes and black hair. Dan looked down where a granola bar lay at his feet.

"Hmm coincidence?" He asked.

"I think not!" PJ cried and picked it up. "Try it."

Dan tentatively grabbed the bar and took a bite. The same neon green and dark purple taste filled his mouth. His eyes widened a little and he nodded.

"Aha! Let's go meet the soulmate of one Daniel Howell!" PJ crowed triumphantly, towing Dan down the hall.

They rounded the corner and saw the boy standing at his locker, licking his lips thoughtfully.

"I-umm- you dropped this." Dan said nervously as he handed the granola bar over. The boy looked at him.

"Oh. Thank you." The blue eyed beauty smiled at him. Dan nodded, embarrassment creeping up his neck in a pink flush. "No problem."

He turned around to leave when that taste returned again. He glanced back and saw the boy chewing. Thinking quickly, Dan pulled out a stick of mint gum from his pocket and popped it into his mouth, blue and white flooding his senses.

The boy exclaimed in surprise and looked down at his bar. "Ugh why." He muttered as Dan watched in amazement.

"Umm hello again?" Dan asked, tapping on the boy's shoulder.

"What do you want?" He snapped and then softened. "Sorry, my soulmate is chewing mint gum while I'm trying to eat."

"Yea, I'm your soulmate." Dan said bluntly.

"I-what?!?!?"

Dan opened his mouth to reveal the mint gum on his tongue. The boy blinked once, then twice.

"Okay. Not the weirdest way this has happened..." The boy muttered and then held out his hand.

"Hi I'm Phil."

Dan shook his hand. "My name is Dan."

And at that moment, both of their eardrums were shattered by the piercing shriek of PJ and the author yelling, "I SHIP IT!!!!!"

____________________
I got so many drafts I've got to finish....