Chapter 1 : King Of Nouva High

A man was suddenly thrown against a cement wall, the cement wall cracking. Lance quickly glanced around him, making sure the abandoned city he stood in was still empty. He didn't want to get others involved. The man he had slammed into the wall suddenly launched himself at Lance once more. Lance grabbed the male before throwing him against the same cracked wall again, this time nearly breaking the wall into debris.

"You deny your fate as if your opinion mattered." The man cackled, blood dripping from his lips.

"Just because you do not want it to happen does not mean you can stop it from happening...." The man continued.

"You cannot stop your fate as.... the Crimson King who sacrifices all of his comrades for power." The man said before Lance struck his throat, ending the poor man's life. He walked back to the three children the man had been attempting to kidnap.

"Don't worry, he's gone now." Lance said as he smiled at the dirty, ragged children in front of him. He quickly handed the children his bag of groceries before taking his leave.

"What would a fortune teller need homeless children for?"

---

Alicia sat down in her seat, her nervousness showing through her exterior. She twiddled her thumbs in an anxious fashion, her fencing sword leaned against her desk. She quickly glanced at it before snapping her arm out and snatching the sheath of the blade. She felt the bamboo that encased her sword, her hand sliding up and down the smooth yet curved surface.

"Someone's nervous." A male voice said behind her. Alicia sighed in annoyance.

"Shut it, Gale." The black-haired female said as she slowly turned around to face him. The blonde-haired male named Gale held his hands close to him in the air in a cautious manner.

"Woah, easy Ali." Gale said, his large broad sword falling to the ground next to his desk. As Gale bent over his desk, Alicia couldn't help but smile. She and Gale had been friends ever since they had met in Sword Training, six years ago. Although Gale's parents had forced him to move to the school they were in now two years ago, the two kept in touch.

"So." Gale said as he sat back in his seat and leaned his sword against his chair.

"How are you liking Nouva High?" Gale asked, leaning forward and placing his chin on his palms. His elbows stood on his desk, providing support for his face.

Nouva High. Was she really here? Was she really a student at Nouva High, her dream high school-college fusion? Was she really in Nouva High, with its orange, yellow, and red stripes lining the white walls? With its large gym exactly six hundred and four steps away from the door to the classroom she was currently in? Was she really in Nouva High, a school notorious for high-level energy-based users. Although in terms of physical strength she was lacking, her energy and defensive prowess were what got her into Nouva High in the first place. Speaking of energy, energy-based attacks were attacks that were enhanced with power from the user. Such attacks have devastating effect and require time to charge. An example would be if someone were to pour energy into a sword then swing the sword, firing a wave of pulsing energy called "Assault Slash" or enhancing their punch or kick. Most Nouva High students held swords and other various weapons, although there were the occasional brawlers, those who preferred to not use weapons. Even outside of Nouva High, those were rare.

"It's alright so far." She replied, choosing to hold her multitude of thoughts. The loud and continued clanking of a sword against the marble floor suddenly drew every student's attention. A hush befell the room as nearly every student turned their heads toward the door in anticipation.

"Shit, he's in our class!?" Gale exclaimed underneath his breath. Alicia turned towards him. towards him.

"Who? And what's going on?" Alicia asked, a perplexed look spreading across her face. Her nervousness from before was overturned by her curiosity.