Chapter 10 : Energy

A/N Hey All! I have changed the title of the book to "The Last Crimson King". It sounds better, and opens up several possible pathways I can make the story take!

Kendrick threw King against the wall of an unnamed building, blood pouring from multiple wounds. King's breathing was harsh, the exhaustion having long since set in.

"I'll have to thank Gale for weakening you this much!" Kendrick shouted with glee. "You really can't use your full power on innocent people, can you? And, as a result, you end up in this sorry state! Pathetic!" Kendrick shouted, charging another blast of blue energy in his palm.

"I'm really glad I get to be the one who kills you!" Kendrick said, firing the blast of energy at King. An explosion sounded, covering the location where King was in a cloud of smoke and dust.

"I wouldn't be so glad if I were you." Naomi called through the smoke. With a quick wave of his hand, Kendrick used a slight amount of energy and dispelled the smoke, revealing an unharmed King and Naomi standing in between the two.

"So you blocked it. Impressive for someone other than King." Kendrick commented before he quickly blocked Naomi's strike.

"And you are quite fast, however even this level of strength cannot-" Kendrick started before Naomi suddenly kneed him in the face by twisting her body. She then followed up with a quick upwards kick, launching Kendrick into the air. She then quickly returned to King's side and hovered her hand over his entire body. The green energy from before suddenly enveloped her hands, soon coursing through the air and connecting with King's wounds.

Kendrick, however, was not finished. He quickly fired three energy blasts from above the two, causing Naomi to cancel her healing ability and block each blast with her palms. Each time, she concentrated energy into her hands to ensure that she and King would take no damage. Kendrick, however, saw the weakness of her defense. A barrage of energy blasts suddenly erupted from Kendrick's palms, forcing Naomi to defend against every blast. Naomi however, could not and the flurry of blasts soon connected with both her and King.

---

Alicia quickly blocked Kendrick's blade with her own as Gale slammed a fist into the side of the clone. Kendrick suddenly appeared behind the two of them, his sword having been left behind by his fast movements. He quickly struck the both of them in the back with an enhanced fist before launching the both of them away with one kick.

"The two of you, one exhausted and the other fresh, are barely a match for me. Your movements show some form of nonverbal communication and synergy but with Gale's slower movements, your attacks are mistimed and quite obvious." Kendrick commented before slamming a fist into Gale's stomach. He then quickly jumped upwards, avoiding Alicia's kick and landing behind her. He then spun and landed a kick to her rib cage, also sending her flying with a twist of his body. Alicia, however, had used her ability to create a barrier of energy around her entire body that absorbed the shock and strike. She retaliated with a flurry of kicks and punches before Kendrick was forced to back off.

"What was that about us 'Barely being able to match up to you'?"

---

Naomi quickly healed her own injuries before the dust disappeared from around them, revealing a heavily injured King.

"That healing ability of yours is quite annoying."

"You're quite annoying." Naomi replied, glancing at King before launching herself into the sky, towards Kendrick with a glowing fist.

---

Alicia and Gale were both inside crater the Kendrick Clone had sent them into. He hovered above them, glaring at the two.