Chapter 17 : The Prophecy

Dragos gawked at the sight before him. Prince Abarai, the Demon King's son, was being pushed back by a mere human.

'No, that human is the next Crimson King.'

Dragos' eyes suddenly widened as his thought finished.

'If he is the next- no, the Second Crimson King in this generation then... does that mean... the Demon King's time.... has come to an end!?'

---

Near the frontlines of the ongoing war between the humans and the demons, the Demon King himself suddenly smiled wickedly.

"At long last! The time has finally come!" He said as he stood from his seat at the war table.

"My King, may I ask what you mean by that?" One of his generals, nicknamed "Ryu Of The Demonic Fist", asked.

"It is time for me to face the last Crimson King! At long last!" The Demon King said before exiting the tent. He then looked up at the bright blue sky, smiling.

"Old friend, soon our last promise will be fulfilled." The Demon King said in a much more quiet tone than before.

---

King slammed his leg into the back of Abarai before taking Abarai's quick return fist. King froze in midair for a moment, stunned by the counter Abarai had used before suddenly gathering his senses. Abarai was also stunned, but not by King's attacks. A human other than the Crimson King had power that rivaled his own!? And one at such a young age!? He pondered this thought before suddenly disappearing.

King glanced around him, hoping to find him. He'd somehow disappeared from King's view, despite their powers being nearly equal earlier.

Abarai appeared in front of King before slamming his fist into King's face, then following up with a devastating punch to King's vulnerable face.

"Blue Demon Bursting Wave." Abarai said as he quickly followed up his surprise attack with a beam of blue energy from his palm, the blast enveloping King with a roaring strength. King suddenly appeared from the energy blast, practically unharmed, and kicked Abarai away.

King then smiled. Abarai was getting impatient and annoyed at the fact that he couldn't defeat King easily. It was already showing, his annoyance at King's persistence. His facial features had long since given his annoyance away however, even at Crimson Curse x10, the fact that King was weaker had not changed.

"It is time I end this." Abarai said as he darted forward.

---

Vincent calmly watched the fight from high above them, his red eyes observing every small movement both Demon Prince Abarai and King made.

"Impressive. I didn't think he'd unlock x10 for quite some time. It seems he truly is the Last Crimson King." Vincent then crossed his arms over his chest.

"But his battle instincts and decision making are horrible." Vincent said as King took two sharp kicks to his body.

"Ugh. Absolutely disgusting. At this rate, even if his power is equal to that of a Demon General's, he would still suffer utter defeat."

---

King and Abarai landed on the ground, several feet away from each other. Both were breathing heavily, but the only blood visible was coming from King. A small trickle of blood dripped from his lips.

"You demons sure are... resilient." King gasped.

"And I admit you are far more powerful than many of the humans I have fought, however it seems you are at your limits." Abarai responded. King's right arm was suddenly swallowed by red energy. His face suddenly took on an intense expression.

"Crimson Gauntlet!!!" King shouted as he rushed forward, the red energy sparking behind him. Abarai responded by rushing forward, his own right arm enveloped in blue energy.

"Blue Demon Cutting Slash!" Abarai shouted as he countered.

---

Dragos, Karin Yuchester, and the rest of the group watched as King and Abarai's attacks crashed into each other, each one sending a vicious shockwave outwards.

"Dragos." Karin began. "I believe we should set aside our differences and observe this spectacle." Dragos suddenly turned towards her.

"You knew about his existence and his true purpose, did you not?" He  said.

"Naturally. Two Crimson Kings were born in the same lifetimes. This can only mean one thing." Karin began as she turned to face him. Dragos suddenly spoke in her place.

"The prophecy has been fulfilled. The Last Crimson King has arrived."

---

"The Prophecy"

Long ago, when the First Crimson King successfully defended Humanity, just before he left the world of the living, he proclaimed a prophecy. One that would shake all of mankind and demonkind alike. When The Crimson King, a being of which is only born once in every lifetime and can only be born when the previous Crimson King has died, is revealed to have been born twice in the same lifetime, the Demon King will fall and Humanity will thrive under the Last Crimson King.

The Last Crimson King can only be born when one of the two Crimson King Candidates kills the other.

---

King slammed into the ground, several feet from where he and Abarai clashed. He was dazed, out of power and energy. HIs eyes lazily stared at the blue skies above him. He had lost feeling in his entire body, his body refusing to respond to his commands.

When their attacks collided with one another, Abarai was thrown into an abandoned building. The Demon Prince shoved several pieces of debris off him before groaning. Abarai then stood from the rubble before cracking his neck. He rolled his arms as he strode over towards King. A blue blast of energy suddenly charged in his palm. He pointed the blast at King's unconscious body before someone crashed into the ground in front of him and quickly knocked his hand into the air, the blast firing into the sky instead of at it's initial target.

"Oops. I apologize about that." Luke, a tall blonde male with emerald colored eyes said as he suddenly pressed his hand against Abarai's chest, launching him back with just a simple touch. Abarai stood up from the ground once more, grunting as he engaged in battle with the new human.

—-

Vincent landed next to Alicia, lending the girl a hand as she struggled to stand. Gale had propped himself up against some debris that had fallen near the school, allowing Naomi to heal him. Thanks to Karin Yuchester and Alicia, the school had escaped relatively unschathed. Karin Yuchester had blasted many of the flying debris and Alicia had used her ability to shield the entire school, a feat that used up all of her strength.

"You all did well." Vincent said as he too began healing Alicia. His healing ability was a soft red barrier, one that enveloped the target and reversed all wounds.

"You can heal...?"

"Of course. The Crimson King can do anything he wishes."