Chapter 19 : Mourning The Past

A/N I apologize for the late upload. I decided to update this on Thursdays as usual. Also, there will not be a double update unfortunately. I apologize for this, however my life IRL has suddenly gotten much more.... crazy. Please bare with me and thank you for reading this.

Next week's chapter should be uploaded normally.

---

As King flew through the air, heading in an unknown direction, he furiously used his arms to wipe tears away from his eyes. His blinded anger from before, the anger that number nearly all other emotions, had finally run out. The realization that his mother had been killed suddenly crashed into him. He slowed his flight speed, eventually coming to a stop. He let out a shouted in agony before a large wave of red energy suddenly exploded off of him. This happened again and again, with fractions of a second passing by between each wave.

—-

Vincent nodded his head in response to Karin Yuchester's request. He headed inside Nouva High, pushing his way through the front doors. He then turned towards the gymnasium, the location that the large scale makeshift infirmary was set up. He then entered the gymnasium before hurrying around, aiding in healing the injured patients. Multiple nurses also had healing abilities, however they differed from each other. One required physical contact, another required for the patient to be inside of a barrier to heal.
He quickly headed towards an exhausted Naomi, bending down to one knee and placing his hand on her shoulder.

"Naomi, listen to me now." Vincent said with such urgency in his voice that Naomi immediately responded by looking him in the eyes.

"I'm going to restore your stamina. While I'm doing so, I'll need you to heal me as well." Vincent said as the soft red barrier from earlier appeared around Naomi. She nodded her head in response to this before stretching her heads forward, green energy beginning to stem from her palms.

"If I may, Mr.Vincent-"

"Please, just call me Vincent."

"Vincent, why do you need me to heal you? I thought you didn't take any damage." Naomi asked. Vincent nodded his head at this.

"Nice observation. Has King ever used the Crimson Field yet?" Vincent replied as he watched the bruises slowly disappear from her body.

"Crimson Field?"

"Yes, it's an aura only the Crimson King has. He can disperse any amount of energy in nearly anyway he wants to. It's usually used to force an opponent to their knees." Vincent explained. Naomi suddenly remembered when King used a mysterious ability to suppress her without moving just before the attack on Nouva City began.

"He nearly killed me using it." Naomi blankly stated. Vincent scoffed at this.

"Of course he did. The Crimson Aura takes a lot of stamina to sustain."

"But that still doesn't explain why you need me to heal you?"

"I've had my Crimson Aura active ever since I walked in. This aura increases the healing potential of others, thus increasing the rate of healing. It takes quite a toll on my stamina, so please continue restoring my strength." Vincent said quickly. Naomi only nodded her head in response.

—-

King landed in front of Nouva High, greeting the several students that stood guard outside and walked in through the front doors. He headed towards the gymnasium before being stopped by his father.

"Stop. We're going training, me and you."

"Why?"

"Because it's almost time."

"Time for what?"

"For the final fight against the Demon King."

—-

-7 Years In The Future, Before King Somehow Went Back In Time-

King nodded his head before looking at Naomi. She was breathtaking to him, quite literally stealing his breath every time he looked at her. In the future, she had kept her brown hair in a French Braid down her back. Her outfit changed on a day to day basis, as the entirety of the group did. On that particular day, she had worn her battle armor consisting of a light metal chest plate that covered her entire upper body aside from the arms and several arm and leg guards. She wore light armor as her healing ability, in terms of a battle, was quite valuable therefore she needed to evade opponents easily. This also helped with her brawler fighting style, allowing her to dodge attacks and counter them. Underneath she wore a dirtied pink shirt with ripped blue jeans. They were deep in enemy territory, the humans having gained ground in the war due to heavy efforts and even heavier losses.

"Lance? Is something wrong? Naomi asked as she suddenly noticed King's stare. He had told her his real name when they had spent their first night together. He shook his head in response.

"Nothing's wrong." King replied as the thought from before suddenly returned.

"Come on, Lance. I know something's bothering you." Naomi pried.

"... I don't want you to participate in the raid tomorrow." King finally said as he saw her gentle glance transform into an angered glare. He could almost feel the laser beams of death flying from her beautiful chestnut eyes. Tomorrow was the day the humans would raid the Demon King's castle and end their war either by killing the Demon King or forcing him to submit.

"Is that so?" She replied as King sighed.

"I don't want to run the risk of losing you." Her glare softened at this. She suddenly sat next to him, leaning her head in his shoulder.

"Don't worry, you won't." She replied, and for a moment all of his worries disappeared as the beautiful sunset they were both positioned to look at suddenly faded. With this, a calming peace suddenly befell King.

"Just promise me you'll be careful." King said after some time.

"I should be the one worried." Naomi replied. "After all, out of all of us, you're the one who's going to be fighting the Demon King most of the time."

"Just make the promise, Naomi." King said as Naomi lifted her head from his shoulder. He then turned to face her.

"Fine, I promise I'll be careful tomorrow." She said in a joking manner. She smiled slyly before breaking out laughing.

"God! You're so serious sometimes! Relax, everything's going to be fine!" Naomi said while after laughing. King's gaze suddenly softened.

"I love you." King suddenly said with a strange tone. Naomi froze for a second upon hearing this.

"Why are you saying it that way?" Naomi asked, having noticed his unusual tone.

"Because this might be the last time I get to say it."

—-

-3 Years Later-

Naomi hid amongst the shadows, blood falling from multiple wounds. Her head suddenly snapped backwards, noticing that they were getting closer.

Her hunters blasted several trees away using their energy blasts, each one getting closer to her. She was unable to move, the wounds her pursuers had inflicted earlier finally having their desired effects.

"There she is!" Gale shouted as he landed in front of her. Alicia was next to him almost immediately. She glared at Naomi before shaking her head.

"Kill the traitor." She said, making eye contact with the wounded Naomi. Gale nodded his head as he raised his sword, swinging the large blade downwards.