Ch.5 | To Confide

I M M A C U L A T E

D E C E I V E R S

 ____________________

"Babe, I really can't tell you." I said, reaching out and grabbing Connor's hand.

He instantly pulled his hand away and looked at me in a way that he has never looked at me before... with pure distrust.

"Fucking spit it out Naveah. Just tell me. I can handle it." He sounded so desperate to hear the truth.

You honestly couldn't handle it Connor. Ever.

"Fine, but if you tell Mark that I told you... he will never forgive me." I lied.

Mark wouldn't care if I told the entire world that we were sleeping together. In fact, he has made it clear numerous times that he wants me to tell everyone, though I will never know why.

"We are..." I looked at Connor expecting him to be seething with rage, but all I see is a look of hope. Hope that I am not about to tell him that Mark and I are an item behind his back.

"Planning a party." The idea just instantly popped into my head and it exploded from my mouth before I had time to analyze it.

"A party?" He asked, not fully believing what I just said.

"Yeah!" All of a sudden, it was as if a wave of more thoughts came to my mind in an instant, helping me keep this lie going. Connor's birthday was literally next Friday. This was terrifyingly perfect.

"Your birthday is next Friday... so we were coming up with a surprise party for you and all of our friends. Great, now you have ruined the surprise! I am so sorry babe. I'm a terrible liar!"

Ha, you are many things Naveah, but a terrible liar is not one of them... unfortunately.

Connor registered my words and it was as if the pieces to his puzzle were finally put together.

"Oh my god! Dammit... I'm sorry Naveah. My jealousy got the better of me I guess. I just thought there was something else going on. Don't worry! When the time comes I will act totally surprised! No one will ever know that I knew ahead of time." He quickly reassured me while pulling me in for a hug.

I clung to him and internally wiped the imaginary sweat from my forehead.

"It's okay babe. You couldn't have known. It was natural to freak out a little." I inwardly sighed.

I am the hugest piece of crap on this planet.

After a few moments of silence, realization finally dawned on me. Mark.

"Crap! We need to call Mark's mom and get to the hospital, Connor!" I yelled while jumping up and heading towards the kitchen counter to grab my purse and car keys.

"Shit." Connor cursed while turning off the movie we had playing and following me out of the door.

It took us around fifteen minutes to get to the hospital. The entire way there I was just praying that Mark isn't seriously hurt. I have no idea why, but my heart hurt a little when the thought entered my brain that he could be badly hurt.

We entered the emergency room entrance to Memorial hospital and I told the nurse at the desk who we were here for. She told us that since we are not immediate family, we had to wait in the waiting area for Mark's mom to arrive.