Ch.11 | Red and a Realization

I M M A C U L A T E

D E C E I V E R S

 ____________________

"Connors birthday is tomorrow Red. I need you to be there with your equipment!" I sighed, leaning against Red's locker. His real name is John Miller, but everyone calls him Red. Why? I haven't the slightest idea.

Red is the school's DJ. He goes to every party and plays his beats all night long. He isn't cheap, but his music is amazing and I need Connors party to be a banger.

"It's last minute Naveah, you know I don't schedule parties last minute." He simply said, pulling books out of his locker.

"I know... but I planned the whole thing and completely forgot about the music!" I lied. "I need this to be perfect for my boyfriend. You know, Connor... your friend!" I urged.

Red deeply sighed before shutting and locking his locker. "Fine, but I am charging you extra for such late notice. Also, I will need a list of what types of songs to play."

"You can play whatever your heart desires Red! Thank you so much!" I placed my hand against his shoulder to thank him, and he nodded then walked away.

Finally, the last thing on my list done.

"Hey babe, what were you and Red talking about?" Connor asked while stopping in front of me. I leaned in and gave him a kiss.

"Oh you know... stuff." I smirked.

"P-a-r-t-y stuff?" Connor rose his eyebrows with a grin.

I sighed again. "Yes, but you have to act surprised Con. I worked hard on this p-a-r-t-y." Another lie.

"I know, and I am so grateful for you." He smiled sweetly. My cheeks turned red.

Wow, that's the first time that has happened with Connor in a while. I like it.

"You're so cute when you blush." He teased, wrapping his muscular arm over my shoulders as we walked down the hallway.

"Stop it." I smiled.

Upon nearing my locker, I saw a very happy Lucy and Callie standing there waiting for me.

"I gotta get to my locker, see you." Connor kissed my cheek and walked away, leaving us girls to chat.

"Lucy!" I smiled another fake smile.

"Oh my God, Naveah!" She wrapped me up in a hug and I wished that I was genuinely happy for her and Mark. I know it means so much to her that she had a good time. I just can't believe that it had to be with Mark of all people. If word ever gets out about us, she will be devastated.

Callie gave me a look and I shrugged her off, discreetly telling her that I was fine.

"I am so happy that you had a nice date, Luc. You deserve it." I smiled, Callie nodding in agreement.

"Ugh, you guys are the best. Today has been amazing and it only just began. My mother woke up as just that, my mother. She was completely normal today and I didn't have to clean up any messes or convince her of anything. That's how I knew today would be a good day!" She smiled brightly.

"I have to work tonight, but you guys should come to my job and have dinner with me while I am on break so we can talk more." Lucy suggested.

"Okay, sure." I replied.