Ch.10 | A Black Eye and a Good Time

I M M A C U L A T E

D E C E I V E R S

 ____________________

| Mark's POV |

After school, I went straight home to get ready for my night out with Lucy.

Honestly, I don't even really feel anything. It is just something to do so I am not home with my mom.

As I walked inside, I heard a strange noise coming from the kitchen.

"Ma, you alright?" I began walking towards the kitchen, a little concerned of the weird noise I kept hearing. It almost sounded muffled, but more like she was in some sort of pain.

Entering the kitchen, the scene laid out in front of me, is something that I will try to forget for the rest of my life.

"MOM! WHAT THE FUCK!" I yelled while covering my eyes with my arm.

"Dammit Mark! Get the hell out of here!" She yelled back while trying to cover her exposed body from underneath a strange man.

Fuming with anger, I darted for my bedroom and slammed the door shut.

I immediately hopped in the shower and once I finished, I got dressed. I decided on casual, so I put on my dark-washed blue jeans with a black T-shirt, followed by my all black converse. I styled my hair as usual, and then sprayed a touch of cologne.

I shoved my wallet and cell phone in my pants pocket, and then I grabbed my car keys and made my way to the front door.

Standing there saying goodbye to her disgusting one-night-stand, was my mother with just her purple robe on.

"Hey sunny, next time maybe knock." The old man muttered.

"Hey asshole, next time don't come over to MY house and screw my drunk mother in my kitchen. People have to eat there." I scolded.

"Boy, you better watch who you talkin' to, this here is your mother's house and she will have me over whenever she wants." He spit, his drunken breath penetrating the air.

"Please... if I wasn't here, this place would be condemned." I glared.

"You got yourself a back talker, sweetie." The man chuckled to my mom who was currently giving me an icy stare.

"Mark, weren't you leaving?" My mom said in an annoyed tone.

"Ah yes. Don't let me ruin your evening hook-ups." I deadpanned.

"Now that's no way to s-speak to your mother, boy." The old man glared in my direction, pointing his dirty finger at me.

"Who the fuck do you think you are? This is MY house and this is MY mother, though I strongly wish she weren't sometimes. Don't you come into this house telling me what to do like you are somebody's dad." I spit, stepping an inch closer to the illiterate drunk.

"I oughtta pop you one, boy. Or maybe I'll just pop your mother again instead. I'm still feelin' a little excited down below." He aggressively winked at me, while gripping onto my mother's arm.

"Let her go and leave." I stated in an icy tone.

"Or what? You ain't nothin' but a punk. Get out of here. I gotta teach your mommy a lesson on how to discipline her boy." He smirked, casting an evil look at my mom.