Ch.28 | Redemption... Or Not?

I M M A C U L A T E

D E C E I V E R S

____________________

| Mark's POV |

"Whatever. I'm out of here. Don't follow me." I said directly to Naveah as I immediately started to walk away.

Fuck all of this.

"Mark wait!" I heard Connor shout, but I kept walking.

Once he finally neared me, he spoke up again.

"You're not even going to try to give her a second chance?" He asked, full of surprise.

"What do you care?" I glared, my fists still clenched at my sides.

"I don't, actually. But I know that you still have feelings for her." He stated in a 'duh' tone.

A few moments later, Red appeared.

"How do you know about what I feel?" I questioned, feeling irritated at the entire situation.

Everything is so fucked up.

"Will you stop being so stubborn for once in your entire life and just fucking hear me out." Connor said, clearly beginning to become irritated himself. "I understand that it seems as though she used you, or whatever. But I know Naveah, and I know when she's being serious or not. Back there, she was serious."

"Yeah, because you're so good at reading her. You didn't even know that we were happening right underneath your fucking nose." I said with a raised eyebrow.

Connors fists clenched at his sides as he took in a deep breath.

"Okay can we stop bringing that up?" He glared, "I don't want to think about it anymore. I actually like Marissa now, and yeah she's a royal bitch sometimes, but there's a lot more to her than what everyone thinks. I'm still hurt over Naveah, but I'm not going to let it control my life. I don't know what's going to happen to us, as far as being friends goes, but I am giving you full permission to do whatever the fuck you want. Be with Naveah or don't be with Naveah, but make that decision for yourself, not because of anyone else. Even me." He finally said with all seriousness etched onto his features.

I looked at him for a moment, and really took in his words. I looked over to Red who was just listening to everything and he gave me a brief nod.

"I just... how can I trust her again?" I finally asked, showing a little bit of vulnerability.

Connors features softened slightly. "You just have to start from the beginning again. The right way this time. Rebuild." He replied.

"Maybe. I don't know." I shrugged, "I'm not doing anything right away. I need time to process."

"Understandable." Connor nodded.

I looked around awkwardly. "Uh, thanks."

"Sure." He simply replied, no emotion on his face anymore.

"Well, see you." I said, beginning to turn around and start my walk home.

"See you." I heard Connor say from behind me.

We didn't exactly make up and become friends again, but we certainly reached an understanding and an agreement. Maybe we'll just have to start from the beginning again sometime in the future. Rebuild.