Ch.26 | I Need Your Help

I M M A C U L A T E

D E C E I V E R S

____________________

Two months.

It's been an entire two months of silence, rumor after rumor being spread and constant stares or glares anytime I'm seen in the halls at school.

Lucy, Callie, Mark and Connor haven't spoken a word to me since that eventful day in the cafeteria when Marissa outed me to the entire school. Even Red has avoided me, most likely the doings of Callie.

Connor ended up staying with Marissa, and seeing them around school together was the biggest, most disgusting reminder of what all has happened this year. It's mid-February, and it pained me to know that Valentine's Day is right around the corner and I have nobody to share it with.

My relationship with my mom has been a little rocky after I hurt her feelings, but I've been nonstop apologizing and she's almost completely forgiven me for what I said to her. I didn't mean any of it, or maybe I did, I just didn't want her to know that it was how I felt. I do wish she would stand up for herself more around my dad. I know they love each other, but he's just so mean sometimes for no reason and she just takes it. It drives me crazy, but I guess not every relationship is all peaches and cream.

I should know first-hand.

Since I currently have no more friends or boyfriend, and my parents are both clueless, I've been spending an awful lot of time alone. At first, I kind of liked it. It gave me time to reflect and give myself a much needed personality makeover. But now, I'm extremely lonely and haven't had any ounce of fun since before the Marissa incident.

"Naveah!" I heard my father shout from his study.

Without a word, I got up from bed and walked down the hall and into his office. My hair is a knotted mess and I've been wearing the same pajamas since yesterday. Thank God it's the weekend.

"What's up dad?" I asked while taking a seat in one of his plush leather chairs.

"Why are you here?" He asked in return, and I furrowed my eyebrows, not understanding.

"Well, I kind of live here dad."

He rolled his eyes and pinched the spot between his eyes. "I mean in general. You're almost usually never home, and here lately I've noticed you haven't been going out much." He inquired. I'm almost shocked that my dad has been paying that much attention to me. Usually I just fly right under his radar.

"Yeah, I've just been kind of spending some alone time with myself." I replied, and then internally smacked myself at how weird that sounded. "What I mean is I just haven't wanted to go out as much."

"Hm." My dad pondered, as if not believing me. "Naveah, I'm a pretty cool dad, no?"

"Is that a trick question?" I chuckled.

I noticed the ends of his lips twitch upward at my reply, and then right after, he was serious again.

"I just want you to know that whatever may be bothering you, you are allowed to talk to me about it. I am your father and I do care about your happiness, despite what you may think." He said, giving me a pointed look.

"Well I um... I do have something." I began.

"I'm all ears." I watched him reach over to silence his phone, which he never does for anyone, not even my mom.