| Epilogue |

"Mom!" I shout from inside of my bedroom.

A few moments later, my mom appears in the doorway. "What is it now sweetie?" She smirks.

"I keep thinking that I forgot something!" I sigh as I look around my room once more.

"You always feel that way, but you always over pack. You're only going to be gone for two months. You'll be back right before college." My mom says while walking over to me.

"I can't believe my little girl is going to Europe for her summer break!" My mom begins to tear up and I roll my eyes.

"Mom... Lucy, Callie and Riley will be with me. It's not like I'm going alone." I smile.

"Have you heard anything more about-" She begins to say, but I cut her off instantly.

"No."

The subject of Mark has been very quiet in this house since Valentine's Day a few months ago.

I still wake up in the middle of the night with nightmares.

| Flashback to Valentine's Day |

After Mark left me alone in the park, I decided to head back over to Riley's house. Once I got inside my car, I started traveling down the road when I noticed a cloud of smoke a few feet ahead. I slowed down and that was when I came upon the most horrific scene I had ever witnessed in my entire life.

A bicycle was lying in the middle of the road, both the tires were bent and the handlebars were almost bent downward. I saw a body lying just a few feet away from the bike, and I instantly started to panic.

I parked my car and got out to run over to the body, and as I did, a few feet ahead of him I saw a black car turned over upside down.

Except... it wasn't just any black car.

My eyes widened as the smoke became stronger and I immediately pulled out my cell phone to dial 911.

I went over to the man lying on the road to make sure he was still breathing, but I couldn't find a pulse.

The road was wet, so I guessed all of this was only just an accident.

Without thinking, I ran over toward the car just as a few flames were starting to appear near the back. My heart began beating rapidly against my chest and I knew Mark still had to be in there.

"Mark!" I screamed. I heard nothing but the crackles coming from the flames. I instantly thought about all of those old video games where the cars would eventually explode if they ever caught fire.