Ch.13 | The Storm

I M M A C U L A T E

D E C E I V E R S

 ____________________

"Connor what the hell!" I drunkenly yelled.

"What babe? You're obviously drunk and I didn't want you to ruin your reputation by everyone thinking you've cheated on me... which you haven't, right?" He asked. He looked as though he already knew the answer deep down, but I assumed he didn't want everyone to know about it at his birthday party.

"I, uh... have to use the bathroom." I quickly said, turning on my heels and walking towards the stairs.

Immediately I heard people's whispers, but I ignored them.

I felt as though someone were following me to the bathroom, but I didn't turn around to see who.

"Naveah."

"I said I have to use the bathroom." I replied, without turning around.

"Just stop, please."

I turned around before nearing the bathroom door and saw Callie.

My eyes immediately began to water. I pressed my back to the hallway wall and slid down, sitting on the floor, crossing my legs over one another.

Callie was instantly by my side, putting her arm over my shoulders.

"What were you thinking Naveah?" She softly asked.

"It's Mark, Callie. I just want Mark." I sighed, sobbing softly against her shoulder.

Callie let out a deep sigh. "But why now? During Connor's party? In front of everyone? You should have at least told him privately, and sober, without all of his peers around."

"I just couldn't keep my feelings inside anymore. I don't know what I am doing or who I even am anymore. Everything is so messed up." I sobbed some more.

"Personally, I think you need to give up Mark and Connor. Because you can't have one without the other hating you. I think you need to break up with Connor if you don't have feelings for him anymore, but you need to leave Mark alone for everyone else's sake. I think it would be better for everyone. If you don't tell anyone else about you and Mark, especially Connor, maybe there is a chance you and Connor could still be friends." She said reassuringly.

"Naveah! Callie!" Callie and I whipped our heads around to the sound of Connor and Mark yelling towards us.

"What's going on?" Callie asked, instantly feeling worried.

"It's Lucy's mom!" That was all Callie and I needed to hear.

We immediately got up and rushed towards the stairs.

I came face to face with Connor. "Connor I-", but he cut me off. "We'll talk later."

All I could do was nod. I followed everyone down the stairs and we saw Lucy trying to fight Red for his car keys.

"Red come on! This isn't just anyone, this is my mom! Give me the damn keys!" Lucy screamed.

"No Lucy! You've been drinking! You can't drive like this. None of us can!" Red tried to reason with her.

"Lucy, calm down, tell me what happened." I grabbed Lucy by her shoulders and tried to calm her down a little.

"Naveah! My mom, she... she... our house..." She sobbed, her eyes red and puffy. "I need to get to the hospital!"