Ch.22 | Amazeballs

I M M A C U L A T E

D E C E I V E R S

____________________

After Lucy and I got home, she went up to her room and I went up to mine. I told her I was exhausted from the strange day at school, and she agreed.

I locked my bedroom door, and went over to open my balcony doors. A few moments later, Mark climbed over the edge and walked inside my bedroom closing the balcony doors behind him and pulling the curtains.

"What do you want?" I asked, feeling impatient. Seeing Mark fight with Connor over Marissa kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Does Mark still have something with Marissa? If not, then why would he get all worked up over her and Connor?

Nothing made any sense anymore. I suppose that's what happens when you stem everything from a lie and a flimsy hook-up in a janitor's closet.

"Gee, thanks for the pleasant greeting." Mark rolled his eyes.

"Well, what do you expect after what happened today?" I raised my eyebrows.

"I expect you to come over here and give me a much needed hug." He replied, a slight smile on his face.

I tried my best to resist his soft gaze, but I instantly abandoned all of my doubts as I slowly made my way over to him, embracing him soft at first, but then hard, clinging to him for dear life.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"No. Nothing is ever okay, Mark." I sighed against his chest.

"It can be." He reassured.

"No, it really can't." I replied, slowly starting to pull away from him.

"Why not?"

"Don't you get it? Everything is screwed up. Connor is with Marissa, which clearly you're upset about," I began, giving him a warning stare, "And I can't be with the one person I need right now because then everyone will figure out everything and I can't even breathe when you're around and just... ah!" I yelled, almost startling myself.

"This is just all too much for me to handle." I softly said, sitting down on the edge of my bed.

"You don't have to handle everything on your own Naveah. It's okay to ask for help. Just because we can't be a couple, doesn't mean I can't still be here for you as your friend. Everyone knows we are friends since we come from the same circle. Who cares what else they may think or imagine. We know the truth and that's all that should matter." Mark tried to reason with me, and I slowly started to agree with him.

"You're right... I just, don't really know what I'm doing anymore." I sighed.

Mark walked over to me and knelt down in front of the bed so we're facing each other.

"Neither do I, but we can learn together, yeah?" He smiled.

I softly bit my lip while staring directly into his deep brown eyes. They were alive with lust and I knew where this would end up.

"The weirdest thing happened today..." I began, trying to change the mood.

"What?"

"Lucy suggested that I go on a date with you, to get Connor back for dating Marissa." I sheepishly smiled.

"You've got to be kidding me." He sighed.

"What?"

"This whole entire thing started because you couldn't tell Lucy that we were a thing, and now she suggests that you date me to make Connor mad? Could this be any more ironic?" He chuckled.