Ch.24 | Cupcakes and Punches

I M M A C U L A T E

D E C E I V E R S

____________________

After we left the ER yesterday, Lucy and I decided to skip the rest of the day, despite our principal's wishes. He called my father informing him of our absence and we got an earful.

Now, it's Saturday night and Lucy and I have been baking cupcakes with my mom.

"Mom, where's the vanilla extract?" I shouted since she went to the bathroom a few minutes ago.

"Look in the cabinet!"

"Um, which one?" I deadpanned, seeing as there are numerous cabinets all over the big kitchen.

"Just wait a second!" She sighed.

A few moments later, she appeared in the kitchen with an annoyed expression on her face. "You really need to learn your way around this kitchen. We've lived here for a few years now and you still can't seem to find anything." My mom laughed afterward.

"It's not my fault. There's just too much stuff in this house." I argued, noticing Lucy struggling to mix the eggs and flour with a whisk.

"Don't we have an electric mixer?" I wondered out loud.

"Yes actually." My mom said while laughing at Lucy.

"Well get it please, before I throw this entire bowl of batter on the floor." Lucy glared.

My mom and I laughed at her again, before my mom pulled out the electric mixer and handed it to Lucy. Lucy angrily threw the whisk into the sink and I jumped at the loud thud it made.

"Hey, don't throw things!" I pointed my finger at her, a slight smirk on my face.

"Whatever." Lucy plugged in the electric mixer and sighed with content when the batter began to mix easily.

I took the vanilla extract from my mom, and added it to the mixture.

Once all of the ingredients are mixed together properly, Lucy poured the batter into each cupcake holder and then placed the pan into the oven.

"Finally! I thought we'd never finish!" Lucy sighed, my mom still laughing at her expense.

"You girls are so funny."

"How?" I asked.

"Just are." She smirked. "I'm going to take a quick shower. Don't forget to take those out when the timer goes off."

"I think we can manage that." I deadpanned.

"Alright, be right back." My mom called as she headed up the stairs.

"I can't wait to eat these!" Lucy smiled, looking at the cupcakes from the oven door.

"It's still going to be a while Luc," I chuckled, "We still have to wait for them to finish baking, and then we have to take them out and let them cool for like an hour so that we can frost them."

"Who says we need to wait to frost them?"

"Um, the cupcakes do. If we add the frosting too soon, it will melt." I rolled my eyes.

"Baking is complicated. Next time I say we just buy some from the store's bakery."

"Deal."

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door.