Ch.14 | I'm So Sorry Connor

I M M A C U L A T E

D E C E I V E R S

 ____________________

The next morning, I woke up and sighed seeing that it was only eight o'clock. Suddenly flushed with everything that happened last night, I immediately reached for my phone and turned it on.

I saw a missed call from Lucy, and I panicked, cursing to myself for shutting my phone off.

I dialed her number, and sat up in bed.

"Naveah." Lucy sounded nothing like her normal bubbly self. Even on her bad days with her mother, she sounded far more uplifting than how she sounds right now.

"Luc? Are you alright? Do you need me to come get you?" I asked, panic in my tone.

"No, I already called a cab. Just wanted to make sure you were awake." My heart sunk at her drained tone. I could tell she didn't get any sleep at all last night.

"Well I'm awake, and I'll be here with breakfast ready when you arrive." I said with a slight smile, trying absolutely anything to cheer her up.

"Aw, you're the best." She said, and I could tell she must have cracked the smallest of a smile.

"Only for you." I smiled, happy that after last night, I still have my best friend.

"I'll see you in a bit. Call Callie if you want and invite her over for breakfast. I would like to see her too."

"Of course, see you in a bit." I said, and then hung up the phone to call Callie.

"Hello?"

"Hey Cal, you want to come over and have breakfast? Lucy will be here soon and she said she'd like to see you."

"Of course! I'll be right over!" Then, Callie hung up the phone.

I got out of bed, and went straight for a shower. After brushing my teeth and putting on a plain pair of blue jean shorts with a light pink tank top, I brushed my hair out, and then went down stairs.

I immediately began cooking eggs, bacon and some waffles, since waffles are Lucy's favorite. I myself am more of a pancake person, but I will make an exception today.

Right after I put the last of the waffle batter into the waffle iron, the doorbell rang.

"Come in!" I yelled.

I heard the door open and close, and then Callie appeared in the kitchen.

"Smells amazing! Waffles?" She smiled, while heading straight for the coffee pot.

"Yes. Thank you, I haven't had time to make any yet." I said, motioning towards the empty coffee pot.

"No worries, I got it." Callie smiled, beginning to make a pot.

After the coffee finished brewing, and the last of the waffles were ready, I placed everything on a platter and brought it to the kitchen table. Callie and I chatted for a few minutes before the doorbell rang again.

"Come in!" I yelled.

Callie and I heard the door open and close, and then Lucy appeared at the door of the kitchen.

She looked at me and then looked at Callie; having not seen Callie since before she found out her mother had passed.

They looked at each other for a moment, and then Callie got up from the kitchen table and ran immediately over to Lucy, embracing her in a tight hug.