The party

I woke up on the floor in some stangers house. I was covered in my own vomit and smelt like smoke and alcohol.

"What did I do last night?" I thought to myself.

I had no clue. I couldn't remember anything. I looked at the digital clock on the counter and it read 7:14am in bright red numbers. I quickly jumped up realising mum will be wondering where I am. I then realised just how many people were in the room. My best friend, Georgia and her boyfriend, Lincoln, two people that I don't think I have ever seen in my life and my friend Tom were also all lying on the floor, surrounded by vomit and the stench of booze.

I ran outside knowing I had to get home as soon as possible except I didn't know where I was. I walked down to the end of the street when I saw Gloria Jeans on the corner of Beaumont Street. I lived in Leo street not far from there. I walked as fast as I could. When I finally reached home, I climbed through my already open home (hoping mum or dad wouldn't here me), sprayed myself with a hell of alot of deodorant, snuggled into bed and pretended to go to sleep, waiting for mum to come in and check on me.

After an hour, mum came in and I 'woke up'.

"Bronte, where were you last night? I was so worried. I tried calling you and no one answered. I was about to send out a search party!" Mum was furious.

"Mum, I told you I had soccer training and then went out to dinner with Georgia, Lincoln and Tom afterwards." I kept as calm as I could.

"Oh, it must have slipped my mind. But that still doesn't explain why you didn't answer my phone calls?"

Oh no! Yeah, HOW am I supposed to explain this one?

"Well, I didn't have my phone on me while I was at training and then I had my phone off at dinner! Sorry mum. I'll make sure I have it switched on next time."

"You better," Mum said as she rolled her eyes and walked out.

Phew! That was a close one. But what really did happen last night? I am surprised mum believed me. Ever since I turned 16, I swear she was keeping a closer eye on me. Maybe I am just reading to far into things.

I really wish I could remember. It sounded like a pretty good night.

About 2 hours later I rang Georgia to see how she was feeling.

'Ring Ring Ring Ring'

"Hello," Georgia answered.

"George, it's Bon! How are you holding up?" I replied.

"Oh Bon, I have been waiting to here from you. You were just gone this morning I didn't know what happened to you. I have been trying to call you! But, I'm ok. Bit woozy, you?" She sounded worried.

"Yeah sorry. My phone ran out of battery. You know iPhone's! The battery doesn't last long haha. I feel sick and dizzy and can't remember anything! What happened?" I knew she would remember.

"Well we got pissed for starters. I didn't see much of you though. After about 11 o'clock you disappeared and I couldn't find you or Tom," Georgia explained.

"Righto! Just as long as nothing bad happened, haha. Oh and our alibi is: we went to soccer training and went out for dinner afterwards. Just you, me, Linc and Tom. My mum completely believed me. She didn't even question it!"

"That's good. It does sound really believe though," I could here the smile in her voice.

"It does aye. Well, I gotta go. I'm actually going to try and get some sleep."

"A bit tired hey?" George laughed.

"Yeah, just a tiny bit. Alright, see you at school tomorrow," I told her.

"Ok! Love you Bon."

"Love you too George!"

I hung up the phone and ran to the toilet. Still throwing up last nights contents. Mum came rushing in after hearing my vomit splatter up the toilet bowl.

"Bron, what's wrong?" Mum yelled.

"I don't know! I think it might be food poisoning," I said all groggy.

I knew it was from all the alcohol I drank last night but I was going to continue with my alibi.

"Oh no! Let's get you cleaned up and in bed. You need lots of rest."

Mum was being all cute and she took me to the bathroom and told me to have a shower.

After my usual 20 minute shower, I walked into my room and found my mum had made my bed and put a white plastic bucket next to it.

I crawled into my double bed and fell into a deep sleep.