Surprise

Tom and I sat in the back seat and Mum drove. She obviously knew where she was going. I stared out the window noticing some of my surroundings. We were heading towards Kotara. Shopping, I thought. Well, what else would you do at a shopping centre.

Mum eventually parked the car.

"I'll see you soon," she said as she walked off.

"Where are we going?" I asked once Mum was out of hearing range.

"Just around the corner," Tom answered.

He took my hand and led me around the corner and then I saw the sign.

BABY CO.

"Are we going there?" I pointed at the sign.

"Yep!"

"We're going baby shopping," I almost started jumping up and down but I contained myself.

"Yes," He laughed.

We walked in the entrance and started looking at the clothes first.

"Wait, this isn't going to work. We don't know if it is a girl or a boy yet?" I realised.

"We are only looking today and picking out our favourites and finding what we actually need. After this afternoon, we can come back and buy everything," He said with a smile.

Tom and I spent the next 20 minutes holding up the cutest baby clothes. The was so many to choose from but we eventually found our favourites, both boy and girl. We also had a look at toys, prams, cots, car seats, hair chairs, the lot.

I was really excited now. We walked back to the car, hand in hand. I rang Mum to tell her to come back.

While we were waiting, I lent against the car, arms locked around Tom's neck and his wrapped around my waist.

"Thank you." I said.

"For what?" He smiled.

"For bringing me here. It's just what I needed," I kissed his lips.

"Anything for you, precious!"

We looked into each other's eyes and then I heard her voice.

"Oh, I see how this is!" Ashlee (the year 11 bully) yelled from two cars away.

I turned my head in the opposite direction as soon as I saw who it was.

But then she started to walk over in our direction. I wish Mum would hurry up. Tom hugged me so my stomach wan't so obvious.

"Hi Ashlee," Tom said politely.

"I can't believe you two are together, it makes me sick," She explained.

Tom wanted to be the protective boyfriend and knock her out but when he walked away, what he forgot was moving from the previous position uncovered on stomach. Ashlee stopped and stared mind stride.

Her mouth dropped open and her eyes almost popped out of her head.

"I see why you asked her out, Thomas. You knocked her up," Ashlee said surprised.

Tom ran back to hug and held me around the waist.

"Fuck off, Ashlee!" He yelled.

"You wait until Monday," She told us, as she walked off.

She must have seen Mum walk up to the other side of the car.

"Is everything okay?" Mum asked worried.

All I could manage to say was;

"Yep."

It was a very silent car ride to the doctors. I was too scared to do anything beside think about what could happen on Monday. Tom knew I was worried but I was glad he said nothing.