Shock

It wasn't until the next afternoon Dad finally showed up. We talked for ages and we worked out our differences. He eventually excepted the idea of being 'pa' (what he wants to be called) just like Mum did with being 'ma'.

I told Georgia she could tell Lincoln just as long as he wouldn't tell anyone else. I rang Noah because I wanted him to find out from me not anyone else. While I was on the phone, I also spoke to Alice for the first time in a long while.

*2 weeks later*

Today was my first official appointment at the doctors. Georgia and Mum were coming with me. I am 10 weeks and 6 days along and for some odd reason I am becoming excited but I am still really scared about the birth but I am just not trying to think about that at the moment.

We arrived at the doctors 5 minutes early and we didn't even have to wait that long today. When Dr Hocking called 'Bronte Haynes' and all 3 of us got up and followed her into room 4 once again.

"Hello, Brooke. I didn't expect to see you here." Dr Hock said to my mum as we took our seats.

"Ha ha, did you really think she could keep it from me for long?" Mum questioned.

"No, I was hoping she told you straight away," she said looking at me with a little smile.

"So Bronte, how have things been?" Dr Hocking asked.

"Yeah pretty good. Nothing much as really changed from the last time I saw you," I replied.

"Ok," she said standing up and clapping her hands together.

"Let's get started. We are mainly repeating all the tests we did last time. First we will do the ultrasound." Dr Hocking gestured towards a door leading into another room.

Georgia and Mum both looked at me as if to ask if they could come.

"Come on," I told them.

She put that slimy gel stuff on my stomach and turned the machine on. She ran the scanny thing across my stomach looking for the picture she was hoping to find, when suddenly the baby flashed across the screen. Then it was fixated there. Georgia stared with her eyes wide open, Mum stared to cry and I just sat there. I didn't know whether to be happy or sad. I have always loved kids but to realise this is my baby inside me, it was mind blowing.

Then all of a sudden, Dr Hocking face went from a wide smile to a frown. I looked at her worried,

"What's wrong?" I asked her panicking.

" It looks like there is two!"

"Two?" I repeated.

"Two babies," She finished.

I stared at Mum.

"I'm not surprised," Mum said.

"It runs in the family. Ever second generation seems to have twins." She looked scared for my sake.

I didn't really pay attention for the rest of the appointment. I felt like I was back to the beginning again when I found out I was pregnant. Mum agreed to bring me back here when I reached 12 weeks when we walked out.

As we walked to the car, Mum and Georgia were whispering between each other but I really didn't want to listen.

I was back to square one.