Zoo

For the next hour and a half, I sat in a chair mesmerized by relaxation. The masseuse spent 50 minutes working on relieving the stress from my shoulders and then moved onto my feet for the rest of the time. After I was finished, I rang Tom to let him know I was done. I met him out the front and he soon joined me. He was all hot and sweaty from the gym, he tried to hug me but I pushed him away.

My massage was so good and I felt so relaxed. I didn’t want to get all sweaty now. As soon as we got back to our room, I made him go for a shower while I watched television and then I went for one to get all the body ointments off me.

We ordered room service which came really quickly. Although it was only 9pm, I decided to get an early night. I snuggled into Tom’s chest and he rubbed my back until I fell asleep.

I woke up at 7am the next morning. Tom wasn’t awake yet so I stayed in bed, watching his face and hoping not to wake him. He looked so peaceful when he slept. His lips started to pull up at the corners into a smile and then he whispered;

"I love you Bronte!"

I thought he must have been having a dream and then one of his eyes popped open, scaring the shit out of me.

"Holy shit! I thought you were asleep," I huffed, feeling my heart beating really fast.

"Oh sorry." He said biting his lip.

He leaned in and his lips touched mine.

"What’s on the agenda for today?" He asked.

"Breakfast first cause I am starving," I said rubbing my tummy. "Then, the Zoo?"

"Yeah, we have an all you can eat buffet breakfast included with the accommodation which is downstairs in the restaurant," He revealed. "But are you right to walk around the Zoo for hours and I’m not driving so we will have to catch the train and ferry, is that okay?"

"I’ll be fine," I smiled, jumping out of bed to get dressed and Tom soon followed.

We headed down to the restaurant and ate the most delicious breakfast. I stacked my plate with fruit, hash browns and raisin toast. I thought I might as well treat myself and Tom piled his plate with bacon, eggs, sausages and hash browns.

"I don’t know how you stay so fit and healthy eating all that shit!" I announced.

"That’s why I work out," He flexed his muscles and kissed his biceps.

"Haha, shut up!" I said whacking his right shoulder and he just laughed at me.

"You love me." He shrugged.

"And that I do!" I responded, giving him a smile.

We both went back for seconds and Tom even had thirds. We headed back to our room and Tom packed a bag full of water and snacks to take with us. He strapped it to his back, took my hand and led me to Kings Cross station. The entrance to the station was directly next to the Hotel. It was quite scary how steep the escalators were and how far underground it was.

We caught the City Circle train which took us to Circular Quay, where we got off and went to Stand 4 to wait for the Taronga Zoo Ferry. We bought our tickets at the wharf while we waited and I continued to look at the Harbour Bridge and Opera House while the millions of people crowded the boardwalk.

At 10:15am, our ferry pulled into the dock and everyone loaded on. Usually I stand outside and watch as the City passes by but I didn’t think I was stable enough for that so I asked Tom;

"Can we please sit inside? But one near the window."

He pointed to two singles seat right next to the window at the front of the boat. I nodded with a big smile on my face. It was a beautiful day today about 28 degrees, clear blue skies and the sun shining brightly. I was getting really excited seen as though I hadn’t been to the Zoo in about three years and ever since I was little, I said I always wanted to work there.