Grandparents

"How should I dress," I asked Tom, standing at my wardrobe.

"Do you trust me?" He asked with one eyebrow raised.

"Yeah," I answered.

He throws a pair of leggings, a tight spotty t-shirt and a purple jumper on my bed. I stared at the t-shirt.

"Do I have to wear that shirt?" I complained.

"Trust me," He said. "You’ll have the jumper over the top anyways."

He kissed me softly, and then left me to get dressed.

I really didn’t want to wear that shirt out in public but whatever he had planned, this shirt was obviously needed.

I rang Georgia and told her to meet us at the doctors at by 1pm. I opened the door and walked out into the lounge room trying to find Tom. I found him at the dining table talking to my Mum. He turned around when Mum looked up at me.

"Gee, Bon! You’re getting fat," She said sarcastically.

I poked my tongue out at her.

"Wow Bronte, you look amazing," Tom announced. I just rolled my eyes.

"Can you notice?" I asked.

"A little but today that is the point!"

"What do you mean?" I said worried.

"First we are going to tell my parents." Tom looked at me worried, probably hoping I wasn’t going to get angry at him but I was pleased.

"Good, it’s about time!" I smiled.

Tom jumped up from his chair, came over and put his hands on my waist. He kissed my lips gentle and whispered in my ear;

"I love you Bronte Grace Haynes!"

I grabbed his hand and pulled him into my room.

"I love you too Thomas James Oliver!"

I kissed him fully on the lips. We didn't stop until we heard the horn tooting from the car.

"You ready?" He looked into my eyes.

I gave him a quick nod and huffed.

It was hot outside today and because we were all about revealing today, I decided to take off my jumper.

The car ride to Tom's house was short. Mum said she was going to wait in the car so Tom and I jumped out.

He held my hand and squeezed it tight. I kissed him on the cheek and said,

"Let's go."

He opened the front door and we walked inside. He yelled out to his Mum and Dad to go into the lounge room. His Mum, Michelle, was hanging out the washing and said she would come in once she had finished and his Dad, Ben, was just finishing eating his breakfast. Tom's 9 year old sister, Ruby, was at a friend's house.

We sat down next to each other on the lounge. I picked up a cushion and held it in my lap, blocking out the view of my stomach.

Ben was the first one to walk in.

"Hello Bronte. I haven't seen you in a while," He exclaimed.

I haven't been here for 2 weeks so I guess that's a while and everytime I have come, I have worn a jumper so they weren't able to notice. But they are probably the nicest people I have ever met.

"Yeah I know, so I thought I would come and visit today," I smiled.

Michelle arrived just as i finished talking to Ben.

"Oh Bronte! How lovely it is to see you, how are you?" Michelle asked.

"Feeling fine," She replied. "So, why have you called us in here?"

"Um, we have some news to tell you," Tom answered.

Michelle and Ben looked at each other curiously.

"We're having a baby," He blurted out, almost the exact way I told my parents.

They both looked at me.

"Your pregnant?" Michelle asked.

"Yes," I said slowly, afraid of what they were going to say.

"Well, congratulations guys," Ben said shocked.

I smiled at him and mouthed 'Thanks'. I looked at Michelle.

She jumped to her feet and walked towards me. She stood in front of us and squealed,

"I get to be a Grandma!"

We all laughed together. Thank god they weren't angry. Michelle gave Tom and I a kiss on the cheek, then she sat back down.

"How far along are you Bron?" Mish wondered.

"16 weeks today," I replied.

"Oh, you would be able to notice wouldn't you?" Ben asked.

I answered his question by standing up and showing off my baby bump.

"Boy or girl?" Michelle was egar to know.

"We find out today. I have a scan after this," I said sitting back down.

"We have somewhere else to go first," Tom interrupted.

"Where?"Ben was curious.

"Surprise!" Tom smiled at me.

"OK, well you better hurry off then. Don't want to keep you waiting," Mish winked. She know's I hate surprises too.

We said our goodbyes and promised to come back after the scan to reveal the sex.

Now, we were off to the 'surprise'.