My Birthday

*5 weeks later*

I was almost 24 weeks and that means I was turning 17. Tom said he had a ‘surprise’ planned but I wasn’t too excited. I had organised to go out to dinner with Mum, Dad, Michelle, Ben, Ruby, Alice, Noah, Aunty Lindsay and Uncle Andrew, Indigo, Willow, Harry and Archie, Georgia, Lincoln, Tom and I on my birthday and we were getting really excited. It was the first time in ages that we have had a big family get together.

Tom moved in after his birthday a few weeks ago, which was really exciting. So, now I can stop feeling bad that he hasn’t been home for a while because he is home. Although I make him go and see his parents a lot because they do really miss him.

But him moving in meant I had to share half of my room. When we went to buy Mati’s drawers and toy box, I made Tom buy one for himself because I swear he has more clothes then me. But it was going really well. I eventually went back to school about two weeks ago but I am only going three to four days a week. I get exhausted easily because I still had a lot of swelling. On my last appointment, two weeks ago, the doctor said the swelling is probably going to stay around until I give birth, which is really annoying because I am twice the size I should be at 24 weeks.

Matilda’s room was finally all set and everything in its place. The high chair sits in the corner of the kitchen waiting for use and we have even bought all the powder and baby ointments that sit in the draw underneath the change table.

The year 11 bully, Ashlee no longer had any rumours about us to spread around the school because it was quite obvious I was pregnant now but most of the students were worried about me. They had heard from Ashlee about me getting rushed to hospital and once again it back fired in her face when everyone actually seemed to care.

On Friday, the day before my birthday, I didn’t go to school so I stayed at home in bed all day. Now that Tom knew I was going to be fine, I made him go to school.

When he came home that afternoon he found me all curled up in bed, just waiting for him to jump in and cuddle me.

"Hey babe!" He said, kissing my lips.

"Hello how was school?" I answered by repaying his kiss.

"Ha, you know same old, same old. All I wanted to do all day was come home to be with you." Tom smiled.

"Aw, well bub and I have missed you and just lucky we have all weekend."

"Yes and tomorrow is your birthday so I hope you are excited," He cheered.

"Not really." I replied.

"Well, we are pretty much busy all day with you surprise so you better hurry up and get excited!"

"But you know I hate surprises!" I complained.

"I know but trust me. You are going to love it. Well, I really hope you do." He said biting his lip.

"I will." I reassured. "I feel bad though because I didn’t get you anything really amazing for your birthday."

"That’s okay. You were still recovering and I wanted you to stay in bed. I didn’t want any fuss over me."

"But still, please don’t go to extremes?" I asked.

"Don’t worry. It’s nothing to outrageous!" He laughed but I knew he was lying.

I just rolled my eyes.

We lied down for about half an hour until Tom got up to do homework. While he did his work, I copied out his English and maths notes from the lessons today. Although I only go to school on certain days, I still have to catch up on the work. I am in Year 12 now so I can’t afford to miss out on anything. As soon as I have this baby, I will almost immediately go back to school so I can finish my HSC. But the school holidays were coming up so at least we can get a break.