Bondi

We stood in the shower for about 30 minutes, not really saying anything. We eventually got out, had dinner (room service again) and went straight to bed. I fell asleep with my head on Tom’s chest and the next morning I woke up to find a sheet had been gently laid over me.

Tom was sitting up watching television. It looks like he had already gone for a shower and he wore board shorts and a loose singlet. He noticed I was awake and came over, sat on the bed and kiss my lips.

"Good morning, precious!"

"Morning," I said, stretching my hand above my head.

"How did you sleep?"

"Really good! Best sleep I have had in a while." I smiled.

"That’s good. Are you ready for today?" He jumped up.

"Haha, no!" I gestured towards my pajamas. "I can see you are though."

"Well, I am just excited… for you," He added.

"So, how should I dress?" I asked.

He threw me a blue dress that was draped over my suitcase and a pair of throngs.

"I have already packed the bag so you don’t have to worry," Tom announced.

I got dressed and then we headed down to the restaurant for breakfast. He ate almost the same things as the day before except I added banana bread and again it was really delicious. From breakfast, we headed straight out to the car because Tom had brought the backpack down with us.

We drove through Edgecliffe and then Bondi Junction.

"I love Bondi Junction!" I squealed.

Tom just laughed. We drove very slowly down the hill of Bondi Road and that when I could start to see the ocean. It was so nice, clear blue and then it suddenly clicked to me.

"We’re going to Bondi Beach!" I screamed.

"Surprise!" He laughed.

"Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god!" I just wanted him to step on it and go faster.

Bondi Beach was one of my favourite places in the world. I used to come here a lot as a kid but I haven’t been back for about six years and I have missed it. But I have all the season of Bondi Rescue and I watch them constantly.

We rounded the corner, past Noah’s Backpackers, onto Campbell Parade and that’s when the beach finally came into view. Thousands of people crowded the golden shore and even more populated the water. The perfect combination of clear blue skies and crystal clear water was going to make this day absolutely perfect.

Tom eventually parked the car in the Queen Elizabeth Drive car park which was the closest park to the beach because he didn’t want me walking to far especially after yesterday. Tom carried the bag and took my hand as we walked north along the promenade.

As we past the tower and I had a bit of a sticky beak and I saw Maxi, Reidy and Chappo. I wanted to jump up and down but obviously that wouldn’t be good for the baby so I just had a big smile on my face but Tom just rolled his eyes.

We chose to sit in between the middle set of flags but trying to find space was difficult because there was just so my people but eventually, we found the perfect spot. I spread my towel out and sat on it and Tom did the same. I sat there watching teenagers jump off flat rock, little kids in the baby pools, families at the rock pools, tourists and idiots in Backpackers Rip, hundreds of people in the water slashing around and thousands of people baking on the sand enjoying the shining sun.

Deano was patrolling on the Jet Ski down south and I could see him picking up a couple of tourists and Dunstan and Bisho were cruising around on the Rhino up North.

Tom stripped off his shirt and asked;

"Can you please put sunscreen on my back?" Handing me the pump bottle.

I rubbed his back all over with sunscreen, and then he did my shoulders. He stood up and said;

"Are you coming in?"

"I haven’t got my swimmers on but I might come in later," I said.

He leant down and kissed my forehead.

"Will you be alright?" He reassured.

"I’ll be fine. Go! Go!" I shooed him away towards the water.

He ran straight into the water and duck dived under the first wave. For the next 20 minutes, I watched him have fun in the ocean.

After his swim, he came running out and sat down on his towel.

"Looking good out there," I winked.

"Shut up," He laughed.

We sat down in silence for a while and Tom let his mind wonder, while I was watching the lifeguards. Shhh!

"I have an idea," Tom announced, taking his wallet out of the bag and getting up. "I’ll be back in a minute."

I watched him walk up onto the promenade but then he disappeared in the crowd. 10 minutes later, he came back carrying a banana lounge and a surfboard from the hire place near the Pavilion. He laid the surfboard next to his towel then put down the chair next to my towel.

"I thought this might be a bit more comfortable," He smiled.

"Aw, thank you!" I said, taking a seat. "Going for a surf?"

"Sure am. I didn’t even think about bringing my surfboard." He shrugged.

"Oh well! Off you go, have some fun." I laughed, slapping him on the ass.

He laughed with me, kissed me on the lips then ran off down south with the surfboard under his arm.

I watched him for a while and he caught a few solid waves but then my mind began to wonder. I imagined Tom, Matilda and I all down in the kiddie’s pool, having a splash around. I couldn’t wait. We were going to have to bring Mati down here.

It was about 3 o’clock in the afternoon when Tom came back from his surf.

"I think I might go for a swim," I suggested.

"Yeah? Did you want me to come up with you to the change room?"

"Nah, it’s all good. Stay with the bags." I added.

I kissed him softly on the lips then walked off to the toilet. I got changed in my swimmers and put a t-shirt and board shorts over the top because I didn’t feel comfortable in just a bikini. I walked back down to where Tom was lying down on my banana lounge.

I walked up behind him. He had no shirt on, eyes closed and baking in the sun. I sat my bag on his chest and he got up, all freaked out. I just laughed at him.

"You coming in?" I smiled.

"Sure am!" He said, already running towards the water.

I walked behind him but he waited for me at the water’s edge. He took my hand and we slowly waltzed into the water.

We strolled in until we were shoulder deep and we stopped and let the current take us. Tom and I continued to hold hands but we were only in the ocean for about 15 minutes until I decided to get out. Tom walked me up to our bags and then ran straight back into the water. I sat down and dried off.

Soon it was 6:30pm. The sun was still shining and Tom and I were both lying down relaxing. The lifeguards were starting to pack up and then Tom asked;

"Do you want to leave now?"

"Yeah, I think I am red raw." I said, looking over my body to see how sun burnt I was.

We packed up everything; Tom took the surf board and banana lounge back while I started to walk to the car. He caught up with me in no time and we walked back to the car, hand in hand.