Archie

Saturday came around fast and I had been up since 8am, pretty much jumping out of my skin. Tom drew up a sketch of what he hoped the room to look like and was extremely excited.

At 10 am we heard the knock at the door we had been waiting for. I opened it to see Aunty Lindsay staying on the porch.

"Hello! Come in, come in."

"Thank you. Jesus, Bronte you really are pregnant aren’t you?" She was surprised.

"17 weeks today," I announced. "Would you like a cup of tea?"

"I would love one!"

We sat down for about 40 minutes catching up while Tom continued to move more rubbish out of Matilda’s room. We talked about how I got pregnant and about me and Tom getting together. She sat there wide eyes almost the whole time. I also told her about all the ultrasounds I have had and all the dramas that I have gone through.

When I was finished talking about my story, I asked about hers. She told me about my cousin, little Archie who is 10 months old and her other kids, Indigo (11), Willow (9) and Harry (4). I haven't seen or heard about them in a while so I was glad to get the update.

"Do you think we will get all the painting done today?" I asked.

"Yeah, definitely! But if we don't, I can't come over tomorrow. I have to take Indigo, Willow and Harry up to the Hunter Valley for some school thing."

"What are you doing with Archie?" I wondered.

"I have not a clue. I can't find a baby sitter anywhere!"

"I can look after him." I replied.

"I can't ask you to do that," She shook her head.

"You didn't ask me. I offered and plus I need the practice anyway," I said pointing to my stomach.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm positive! It will be good to see him again anyways." I smiled.

"Will Tom be fine with it?"

"Tom will be ecstatic, trust me." I raised my eyebrows as if to say 'watch this'.

"Tom," I yelled. "Would you like to look after Archie with me tomorrow?"

He came running into the dining room. He had a massive smile on his face.

"Are you kidding? That would be awesome!" He jumped up and down then ran back to Mati's room.

I turned back to Aunty Lindsay. "Told ya," We laughed together.

"We should get this painting started," Lindsay said standing up and putting her coffee cup in the sink.

We headed towards Mati's room. Tom showed her the sketch and Aunty Lindsay got straight to work.

By the end of the day, Matilda's room looked amazing. On one side there is the door and cupboard which has been painted white, the main wall was painted a baby pink and had the words 'Matilda Elise' written in big purple bubble writing, the right hand side wall was pink pastel and that is where we were going to hanging up photos and the last wall contained the window and was painted hot pink around it.

I gave Aunty Lindsay a massive hug.

"Thank you so much. It looks amazing," I cheered.

"I'm glad you like it," She smiled.

"Thank you, it really means a lot," Tom said.

"How much money do we owe you?" I asked.

"Nothing! Don't be silly," She looked offended.