Dodici

"Hm.. I don't have an umbrella..." Inoue whispered, watching the sky pour rain down, it was like a typhoon outside. "What do I d- Ow!?"

Hibari threw an umbrella at her. Somewhat softer than a tonfa thankfully. She looked at it questioningly then looked at Hibari with the same expression, he frowned at her 'idiocy'.

"Take it."

"Is it yours? Won't you need it?" She asked back quickly, ignoring how Hibari disliked being questioned.

"I'll use Kusakabe's." "Bu-" He glared at her, enough that she shut up and accepted his kindness. She bowed and thanked him before heading out into the storm, the umbrella shielding her from the cold raindrops.

If only she knew that Kusakabe had already left.

The next day she arrived at school with Hibari's umbrella, ready to hand it back to him, she entered the reception room, where he usually was, only to see no sign of him, instead Kusakabe.

"Inoue-san, the chairman's on the roof."

Wasn't the roof wet?

She followed his words and hurried up to the roof, seeing him laying there casually asleep; like she'd thought though, it was wet. She hurried over to him only to see his face flushed and sweaty, slightly only slightly was his face contorted in a minuscule amount of pain. It was a fever so he probably wasn't sleeping well being out in the cold and lying in a puddle.

He didn't have a spare umbrella then!? He's got such a high fever!

She checked, placing her forehead against his and feeling the unnatural heat from it, she grew worried. "H-Hibari-san!?" She shook him a little, panic evident in her face as well as guilt in her eyes.

He groggily opened a single eye, he looked far too weak to be at school. "Did you walk home in that storm!? Without an umbrella!?"

He looked away from her, "I'm fine."

Perhaps she was being a tad bit loud, actually she was speaking like a normal person, she was just normally quieter. She frowned and groaned under her breath after trying to lift an unwilling Hibari to his feet, she wasn't muscular or strong at all, just supporting him was taking a lot out of her; he did begin to walk on his own though, with her help still but taking a load off her.

Then she wondered how she was going to get out of school without ruining his reputation; it ended with her holding an umbrella over them and hiding their faces.

She was lucky she'd been to his house before though, otherwise she'd have had to take him to her house.

Running on empty, she laid him in his bed and hurried off to make some food and get a cold damp towel. Placing the towel on his forehead, she sat by his side. She recorded his temperature, which wasn't that high and would likely be gone by tomorrow, making sure to keep him company when he wakes up. She ate the food herself, since he said he wasn't hungry when he woke up the first time, and it wouldn't be as tasty reheated.

He didn't wake up again, at least while she was still conscious. Not thinking about the consequences of sleeping while she was sat on her legs, leaning on the side of Hibari's bed, she gradually fell asleep; the day having gone somewhere quickly. Perhaps all those books she read.

She was thinking he'd be awake before her, but was surprised to see him still sleeping away. Smiling at the sight, she brushed away a few stray strands of hair in his face. He shuffled a bit, Inoue still convinced he was sleeping, before his hand reached out and landed on the back of her head; Inoue was embarrassed seeing him awake, but she wondered why he moved so slowly, usually he'd scare the daylight out of her.

Noticing his eyes were still closed, she wondered if he truly was awake or not; as if following a trend, she closed her eyes too, letting her head be pushed towards his. She first felt his nose brush against her face, then his breath tickle her skin, neither made any move closer, only their faces practically touching, their lips brushing against each other. Inoue didn't stop fiddling with his hair, brushing her fingers through it.

The moment was intimate, yes, but it wasn't full on, Inoue was just embracing his presence and no one really knows what Hibari's thinking but probably the same. Inoue couldn't stop smiling though, she didn't jump when he'd suddenly began to kiss her. Slowly moving towards her neck and ear. She knew now he was definitely awake, he'd sat up slightly, using his free arm to support him as he laid tiny kisses along her neck before biting her ear. Pretty hard. It bled a little. Inoue winced and cried out after feeling the pain, not realising he was 'cleaning' up the small trickle of blood, yet feeling his tongue against her skin.

She left with a large purple bruise on her neck that evening.

This was the start of her clothing's move into Hibari's closet; she went home for a bit to bring around some clothes she could change into, Hibari forced her to bring more because she was staying for a while longer, he liked her food a lot.

So, the toothbrush was moved, the hairbrush, the five shirts and blouses, the trousers and skirts, the tights and leggings, the socks and underwear -that she trusted he wouldn't look at-, she was basically moving in.

Unsurprisingly, he made her stay over the weekend. Every weekend.

So there's how she built up a collection of her things at his house, and how she barely even uses her own anymore.

Hibari didn't get sick anymore, but Inoue, surprise surprise, got sick. She forced herself into going to school only to pass out on the sofa in the reception room.

When next she woke, she was in the same room only with a cold towel on her head. Hibari was behind his desk going through some papers, not noticing her awake.

But that was fine, she liked it like this.