Diciannove

Inoue had wondered why the Vongola group had gotten so riled up in less than a week, she hadn't met all of the new students but they surely couldn't have been that bad...

She was just trying to find excuses at this point.

Unlike that group of terror, Inoue's days passed quickly and with ease. The Suzuki Adelheid girl didn't come around again for some reason, so the reception room was fairly quiet. Only Hibari doing work and Inoue doing work.

That's it basically. They just worked for the last days of the school week. She read a book too but... Literally nothing else happened.

Now, it was Friday, school was out and she wanted to go eat out with a friend of hers; that she made a month ago; after extensive pleading on her part, Hibari let her go. With a tracker and camera as well as a taser, for security purposes.

She was enjoying her milkshake when loud voices and clamour interrupted the tranquil mood. Funnily enough, it was a familiar voice. Apologising to her friend, she walked over to the table, it was a rather terrifying line up, and thankfully Tsuna was the first to notice her.

"Inoue-san!?" She waved awkwardly, "Why are you here?"

"I was out with a friend... but what's with this gathering?" The boy didn't get a chance to explain as Gokudera dragged the girl onto the chair screaming,

"You listen too and tell that shitty prefect!" Why did she make herself known? This was bad for her anxiety.

"Uh-ah... bu..." Her voice was completely drowned out, Tsuna mouthed an apology to her.

She was attempting to calm her nerves when she was suddenly shocked out of her skin when Gokudera started shouting again about someone attacking Tsuna, then going forth to practically order everyone to guard him until the inheritance ceremony, something she'd heard about from Dino. He texted her. Hibari doesn't know she has his number still.

Inoue looked at Tsuna and asked if he was okay, pretty concerned for the boy's health, he smiled and shook his hands, assuring her he was fine. While she continued fretting over him,

"Are you sure you should be revealing all of this around that girl?" The familiar Adelheid girl spoke up.

Well she already knew they were affiliated with the mafia after seeing them grouped up here.

"S-She's right Gokudera-kun! Inoue-san isn't a part of this!" Tsuna tried, knowing that Hibari wouldn't be jolly about having his girlfriend put into more needless danger.

"But Juudaime!-" Gokudera mumbled before Inoue spoke up, "It's fine, I'll tell Kyoya about it later. I don't know any details so I'll be safe." That was kind of a lie but... they didn't need to know that.

Sighing, Tsuna sat back, not yet ready to stumble back into mafia business- meanwhile Gokudera was all businessy and went to town on all the details and planning.

She just casually ordered another milkshake while listening in.

Everything began to fall apart when Gokudera and the Aoba Koyo guy started a spat, then the liquidation lady interrupted them, silencing them both efficiently, "Desist Koyo!"

She was calmer and less rabid than Hibari, but she had some authority about her. Well it didn't concern her, but the milkshake wasn't going to drink itself. Sure enough, that baby that's always with Tsuna showed up.

"Um... I should get going, it's been an hour..." Inoue spoke up, grabbing her things and leaving change to pay for her drink. Yes, she was only allowed out alone for an hour. Even if she's with another person.

'Hibari-san is way too overprotective here!!!?' Tsuna's mind shouted out after seeing the worried look on Inoue's face.

Luckily Hibari's house wasn't too far away and she could keep to main roads. Unsure of whether Hibari was in or not, she took off her shoes and excused herself before stepping onto the wooden hallway floor. Since she wasn't sure if he was in, she didn't bother going to start on dinner, it wasn't that late either, instead she went to her favourite spot in the garden.

Seeing as it was a nice day and all, she sat in the short grass under a tree and began humming to herself. She sat by herself like that for around 20 minutes before standing up bored and going into Hibari's room.

Yup.

A girlfriend has to take advantage of their position once in a while. Only she was the timid type and has never thought of rummaging around his room until she accidentally got enthralled in a girl's magazine about boyfriends.

She wasn't expecting anything of worldly destruction to come up, and nothing did. There was bird food, a normal bed, she skipped his drawers thank you, text books and a bookshelf of literature... There was nothing really shocking. Until the closet was opened.

Ignoring some of her clothes in there, there was his uniform and some other casual clothing, but ohoho what was this? A hidden box at the very back. She grew excited but extremely apprehensive, what if he returned now?

Trying not to think of such a terrifying thing, she opened the box, expecting to find something disappointing like more books or maybe an old yukata. Nope. It was far better.

She felt like crying though, for some reason. It was touching.

There were all the gifts she'd ever given him, even a framed photo of them. Her heart... She wasn't going to last another 20 years. The plush bird pillow, a little metal keychain with the two characters meaning 'discipline', a postcard she'd sent when she went to Akita with her family for a week, a dark crimson scarf she'd brought back from Akita for him... Then there was the picture.

It was taken in his garden by Kusakabe, Inoue practically forced Hibari to take it with her for her birthday. She had hers on her desk, always wondering where his was. He had his usual scowl on his face but he didn't show any signs of discomfort as he held her hand.

She was crying. As much as she hated to dirty the glass and frame, she couldn't help it. Just knowing he kept it all was enough to set her off. She wasn't full on weeping of course, just happy tears. At the bottom, she noticed something else peeking out and was about to go grab it when arms wrapped around her neck and a dark shadow towered over her.

"I don't appreciate you going through my things." From the sound of his voice, he definitely didn't. It wasn't like he was embarrassed, no, she was bound to find it all eventually. It was just... He'd rather she never found it.

Although she was stupid if she thought he'd thrown it all away, he just didn't want all that clutter in his room.

"Sorry... I was curious."

This reminds her of the time she put on his uniform for fun.