Ventitré

The next day, Inoue was discharged. She was wheeling herself, with Kusakabe acting as her guard behind her, to reception when she noticed a large misfit gang of familiar faces. Bandaged and not looking all that great.

"Tsuna-san, everyone..!?" She called out, fairly worried to see them all so beaten up. Although when they spotted her in a wheelchair, they were far more worried about her condition.

"I-Inoue-san!? Are you really okay!?" Tsuna exclaimed, hurrying over to her with Gokudera, Yamamoto, and Ryohei, behind him.

"What's wrong with your legs?" Yamamoto asked, thinking she was fine when he last visited. Ryohei mirrored his question.

"I might be fine but they still remember all the trauma so... I can't feel them right now." She smiled awkwardly, knowing that the Simon were just a few meters away and looking pretty guilty. "I'm making everyone feel bad..."

Understanding what she meant, Yamamoto went and dragged Mizuno over with a big grin on his face, Kaoru wasn't as excited.

Inoue smiled at the thug-like man and he frowned, "...I'm sorry..." Adelheid came over too and bowed to her, apologising as well. In the end, basically everyone was apologising to her and it was getting a little too crowded.

"I-It's fine!? I didn't mean to see anything!" As if that made it any better.

It just made their faces turn sour again. Was she really so bad with words? "A-Anyway... I have to try and explain this to Kyoya so..."

That had most of them freeze on the spot, yeah she was the one that was going to have to actually face him... You just get the aftermath of it all. Actually that's probably the worst part.

She saw him earlier actually, he visited shortly before telling Kusakabe to take her back to the house, since he was busy with committee business. She was still in bed so he is likely unaware of her whole wheelchair situation.

It was surprising to see him in the doorway and not another doctor, Kusakabe left immediately, as if he wanted to put Inoue on the spot. The prefect was relieved to see her eyes full of life again and her lips turned up into her usual smile, it was rather difficult to watch her when she looked and acted like an empty puppet.

"K-Kyoya? How was it?" She could see that he clearly won, they clearly won, sorry, since he was back. But that doesn't mean much, he still could have lost... no that's impossible.

"Boring. A bunch of crowding herbivores." She felt herself begin to chuckle, the usual reply that she'd expected, but for some reason she was glad to hear it. He was happy to hear her laugh but not so much when it was directed at him, "Why are you laughing?"

"I'm sorry..." She smiled, "I'm a little sad I couldn't see you fighting..." Inoue sighed, turning to the window for a moment before looking back into Hibari's eyes, "I just missed you is all."

He turned and left, but she heard the words he left Kusakabe with, "If you fail to protect her this time, I'll bite you to death." It was a deathly serious voice, she felt even worse when Kusakabe came back in with a ghastly pale face.

Well when she finally returned to Hibari's house... He blamed her immobility on Kusakabe... Taking it all out on the poor vice-chairman. She could only imagine what he'd do to Tsuna's group and the Simon. She tried explaining that it'll only be like that for a couple weeks or so, it wasn't very effective. Her bodyguards were upped, except when Hibari was around it was just him and Kusakabe. She was surprised he even allowed someone else near when it was him guarding.

It was probably if he had some other business to attend to, Kusakabe was nearby to take over. Well it was just the two of them at home though. -And let's clear one thing up, mobility was far more difficult than she imagined, she was forever thankful for the Japanese style house being only one floor. It was easier than she thought, she slept with Hibari, he helped her move around, she could still cook, Kusakabe did her usual chores... It was like nothing had changed really.

Well, the intimacy and closeness was tiny bit different. Usually there'd be some space between them, when Inoue actually had the freedom to walk around, but now she didn't. She wasn't strong either so most of the time she had to ask Hibari to move her around, in the end, he just ended up taking her everywhere.

He'd obviously not decide to go somewhere and immediately just pick her up, he'd look at her first to see if she was comfortable and fine, if she asked to go with him then he'd take her. Which she almost always asked to go with him so... It was easier that way, she didn't want to boss him around now she had a temporary disability. She even tried dragging herself places but that didn't work well.

Going to the bathroom was worse... not to mention bathing.

Moving on from that, she attended school like normal, the looks she earned were not that normal, but she was in a wheelchair surrounded by delinquents so it was understandable. Around a week had passed by before she knew it, and Tsuna's group were finally wreaking more havoc back at school.

The Adelheid woman seemed to be rather fond of her as well, she was currently looking after her in Hibari's place, who went to straighten out Kokuyo...

She was trailing behind Adelheid, who was overseeing all the latecomers 'torture', when she saw Tsuna and Enma arrive all scruffy looking. A familiar sight. There was supposed to be an inspection today and they were still late?

"What's up with your dishevelled attire!!? As a member of the liquidation committee, I shall purify you!!" Adelheid announced, brandishing her metal fans. Inoue felt herself sweatdropping. She'd already seen what happened to the others, so she felt bad for the two 'dame's'.

"ADELHEID!! A-And, INOUE-SAN?" Tsuna shrieked, Inoue just waved while Adelheid ignored him and started scolding them for being dirty, apparently they were run over by Shittopi-chan? Nevertheless, they followed Adelheid over to her purify... thing.

Inoue could only watch genially as the two boys ran away while Adelheid was beating Julie more, Ryohei and Aoba were fighting again too...

It was getting more and more enjoyable around again.

Well, she just chatted with Kyoko about a new cake shop opening in town, she was thinking of going there with Haru and invited Inoue along too. It was hard not to laugh when she showed up, saying Ryohei was hit by a shooting star or something.

With Kyoko, she left the crazy mafia families to their own devices. They were in different buildings and years though so they split eventually, Kusakabe taking over.

the simon arc bored me so its pretty shit -except the whole daemon thing loved crying at that

save daemon spade

um but theres no sppoilers here really, so even if you havent read this moment in the manga you aint missing much

disabled mai for the sake of writing material forewarning its probably crap