Ventidue

Tsuna wasn't sure whether to be surprised that Hibari was there at his inheritance or not. He was pretty protective over Namimori and it's students, but even more so, Inoue.

"It's rare for you to come on your own." Reborn greeted as he came into sight, actually wearing a suit.

"A student was attacked on school grounds, even more so than that, Mai is traumatised. I'll bite the culprit to death." They could feel his murderous aura grow thicker, it was probably detectable even kilometres away.

Earlier in the morning, Inoue had turned to look at her visitor, who'd spent the night at her side. She frowned, "Kyo...ya..." Her voice was raspy, she wasn't sure why. All of a sudden tears ran down her cheeks, her heart rate increased and her breathing ran ragged. She was scared.

A doctor slammed open the door, having heard the signals that she was becoming unstable again. He'd woken up Hibari, but that wasn't his main concern. He ran to her side, prepared to put her under anesthetic, when the boy, who was sleeping, suddenly squashed her fear stricken face into his chest, holding her tightly. He watched as everything evened back out, but made no move to exit.

Hibari placed his forehead against hers, somewhat pleased to see a reaction in her eyes, "I'll be back soon."

After he'd left, an array of disciplinary committee members were stationed outside her room, Kusakabe was the only one allowed inside, and he talked with her; it was kind of one sided, but she tried to smile and reply.

Needless to say, Hibari was pretty livid after having his pride shattered and being beaten in combat with the Simon. Well he was prepared to bury each one of them soon enough...

After hearing what Nono had to say about the matter, he'd already gotten his new Vongola gear, he couldn't have been more pissed off, it was almost perfect. He went back to get Kusakabe, so he could hitch a ride to that island without all the crowding herbivores.

An hour or so had passed.

In a separate hospital room, Yamamoto's to be exact. A familiar white haired man showed up, miraculously sprouting wings from his back. He stabilised the younger teen before moving onto another room, Inoue's.

"Yo~ Mai-chan." She was surprised to see him, it showed only in her expression. "Yamamoto Takeshi will be moving around soon, you should too~." Her confused face compelled him to elaborate, "I healed him personally." She cried again. For some reason this Byakuran had a different aura about him, it wasn't dangerous or threatening like before, she felt like she could trust him a little.

Kusakabe just chose the wrong time to walk in, like usual, "You-!"

With a hand, Byakuran silenced him, "C'mon Mai-chan~ you're not the type to let this get to you~." He was right...

"Wait! She's just a normal student!" Kusakabe interjected, feeling his logic was a bit off.

"No... he's right..." Inoue muttered, finally showing signs of emotion -albeit weak-, signs that she was prepared to move on from being haunted by that night, "I can't call myself... Kyoya's girlfriend... if I let something like this break me..."

"Tsunayoshi-kun is already dealing with the issue, you should rest a bit first~." And then he vanished, as if he was never there in the first place. So she thanked him mentally, she wasn't feeling exactly like herself either. She wasn't going to forget what happened, she was going to learn from it.

So she had a doctor teach her while she was bedridden. Might as well learn more about doctoring while she was in the hospital.

She wasn't going to always be the weak and fragile one, eventually she'll help out too. Behind the scenes, battling would never be her forte.

Kusakabe could tell that even with the new knowledge of Yamamoto's recovery, Inoue was still pale and clearly not fine. She spoke about watching horror movies with an abundance of gore to attempt to get used to seeing blood and fatal wounds, but she wasn't allowed. Well it was mainly a joke since she was terrified of horror movies.

She had no idea what was happening with the Simon battle, she'd heard Yamamoto escaped and went to help, which cheered her up a little since he'd visited her shortly. She was super surprised to see him upright and grinning like usual.

"Yo, Inoue-senpai." She almost had a heart attack after hearing that voice and seeing that face at the door.

"Y-Yamamoto!? Shouldn't you be resting!?" He should be doing more than just resting but he just laughed and approached her bed.

"Maa, I'm all healed now thanks to that guy! Aside from that, I'm sorry..." His chirpy mood grew somber, Inoue wasn't sure why since it wasn't his fault he was almost killed and definitely not his fault she witnessed it.

"D-Don't apologise! It'll hopefully steel me up a bit for the future... Since things like that are unpredictable." She mumbled, feeling a little bad for basically calling his hospitalisation a stepping stone for her to get used to seeing serious injuries or whatever. "Next time I'll be of more help, hopefully..."

"Hahaha, just focus on recovering first!" That's her line, "It was scary wasn't it?"

She felt her throat constrict as she was reminded of it, she nodded, barely holding in tears, "Terrifying."

His smile grew a little more cheery, "But it's alright now, Kaoru wasn't at fault. -Is what I believe. So you should try and forgive him too."

She almost laughed, "I have no reason to hate him."

She was glad for Kusakabe's company, he literally never left unless Inoue asked for a drink or something else. Excusing that one time when he had to somehow acquire a helicopter and fly Hibari over to some island in the middle of the sea...

He even carried her to the bathroom.

At first it was way too embarrassing and an oath of silence was exchanged between them, because if Hibari found out he'd even touched Inoue in her current state, well... he wouldn't be going to school for a while, with a personal hospital room to stay in.

He was confused when she suddenly asked him to carry her over, since she could just walk herself. He guessed it was because she was a little unstable and wobbly on her feet.

But when he asked her about it, she sat on the edge of the bed and stood up for about a second before her legs collapsed from under her and she fell to the floor in a painful manor. He was worried of course, since the doctors had said nothing of this to him.

"I can't feel my legs... The doctor said it was just a side effect from all the shock and it'll pass in a few weeks or so..." She explained meekly, scratching her cheek, "He issued a wheelchair... for me to use..." She seemed really embarrassed about that.

He wondered how school was going to go...

No, he was really worried about how Hibari was going to react.